Re: A question that will spoil the series finale, actually

  • john@catscradle.us
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2003
      Justin Mohareb writes:

      > Now, when they did the great Desitny pop, the Nouveau Slayers seemed to
      > be all young'uns. What I'm wondering is, what about the women who missed
      > their shot at the ring? I assume not EVERY potential slayer gets the job.
      > So there must be some women out there who missed their shot. Did the
      > elders also gain the SP?

      If I run a Post-Series game I would say that yes, you can have older
      Slayers. Good idea that I hadn't considered before. Thanks. :)

      John Buczek
      john@...
      Blessed Be!
    • John Humphlett
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
        > > *I* don't think I saw it, but I have a friend who
        > said to me: "wasn't
        > > one of the New Slayers an older woman? The one
        > who was
        > > standing up to her attacker?"

        No, it was a "white trash" young teen girl being
        beaten by her father. It was in the casting calls and
        trade papers as to the type of girls they wanted.

        > > that. Then, my *other* friend said, "yeah, she
        > was older, strong,
        > > built bigger, and black."

        Your *other* friend is on crack.... :)

        > > > Basically, I'm thrilled at the idea of a soccer
        > mom who can suddenly drop
        > > > kick demons into next year.
        > > Yeah...that could be a very unique character!
        >
        > I don't see Joss Whedon, Fox, or Eden breaking into
        > your game and saying,
        > "You can't do that!" I don't think there was
        > anything stated about what
        > happened to potentials after they got too old, and
        > who knows how powerful
        > the spell turned out to be.

        I *can* see Joss saying that kinda. I still think
        there's a "menopause" that potentials/Slayers in
        Training go through... "Oh, haven't been called and
        you're pushing 21, not gonna happen". But that's my opinion.

        =====
        John Humphlett
        -"He conquers who endures" - family motto
        - Join the Humans as we destroy the Orcs of Middle-Earth. Click this link once per day: http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=328639

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • Morthien
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
          I'm kind of torn between the two opinions on this idea.  I do agree I think even with what happened their is an age limit.  When I first read the post, I thought that would be cool.  My 30 year old Slayer In Training who became a Watcher because she never got called, could actually be one now.  But, then I thought no that is a bit much.  I liked the fate that the Director of our first show suggested for her.  When she was just going to be retired from the show early on.  But, the show was canceled.  However, since I don't like leaving my characters hanging.  We decided atleast the events around her did happen.  I'd considered going, well she gets called after reading the first post of this thread.  Then I thought about it and said nope, I like her staying as just a Watcher.

          If anyone wants to know what was the fate of Courtney Price, please ask me or John H.

          Allan