Re: [btvsrpg-eden] He'd be a regular guy --- The Good and the Bad

  • ArchAngelus Terminus
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2003

      Ok..I know what the book says about taking nerd and jock ( too bad I don't have a book to look up the rest  :P  ). There's always playability to take into account, but I don't think that some of these "characteristics" are always naturally exclusive. If the person running the game might like the idea for a certain type of character that REALLY explained it well, I could see taking jock/nerd, or good luck / bad luck. It's simply uncommon, though. But for bad and good luck, well, suppose everytime you wanted to use it, it was a 50/50 thing? I have known people that have the most ridiculous luck going both ways ( I call it Suffering From The Whim Of Fate...or...Lady Luck's Time Of The Month.)

      Maybe that would actually be a new merit/flaw.

       Jennifer Lee Andersen <jesca10@...> wrote:

      > If I remember right... the book states that you can't
      > take good luck and bad luck. Other than that he'd make
      > an awesome Season Ending Big Bad.

      <<a. I just reread the 'Good/Bad Luck' description and it makes no mention
      of restricting you to one or the other (though appearance does this).>>

      I think it's an implied thing, if it isn't outright saying you can't have good and bad luck.  The book specifically says you can't have both Jock and Nerd Qualities...because they are opposite.  So it seems that since Good and Bad luck are opposites that they wouldn't be put on the same character.  I guess I'd leave it up to whoever was your Director...:)

      Anyway, good character other than that.

      Jenn

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Jennifer Lee Andersen
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2003
        <<I have known people that have the most ridiculous luck going both ways ( I call it Suffering From The Whim Of Fate...or...Lady Luck's Time Of The Month.)>>

        I like that...lol.

        Jenn
      • retrophrenologist <d.reilly@ugrad.unimel
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2003
          So it seems that since Good and
          > Bad luck are opposites that they wouldn't be put on the same character. I
          > guess I'd leave it up to whoever was your Director...:)

          I think that Good and Bad Luck could easily be applied to the same character,
          depending on the game- for instance, the GM and player might have to agree
          not to use one Luck quality to cancel the other. One way to handle this might
          be for the GM to rule that BL will not be used on a roll that the player is using
          GL to improve. This would allow the character to enjoy (If that's the word) both
          freakish good luck and unexpected bad luck. BTW, my favorite Hellboy
          moment was when Zimco gave him dud equipment- I forget which title, but is
          there a worse time to find out that your jetpack doesn't work?

          Dean Reilly
        • Jason K. Averill
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2003
            retrophrenologist wrote:

            > I think that Good and Bad Luck could easily be applied to the same character,
            > depending on the game- for instance, the GM and player might have to agree
            > not to use one Luck quality to cancel the other. One way to handle this might
            > be for the GM to rule that BL will not be used on a roll that the player is using
            > GL to improve. This would allow the character to enjoy (If that's the word) both
            > freakish good luck and unexpected bad luck. BTW, my favorite Hellboy
            > moment was when Zimco gave him dud equipment- I forget which title, but is
            > there a worse time to find out that your jetpack doesn't work?

            "New and improved, my ass."

            ^_^

            Wake the Devil is cool.