Re: [btvsrpg-eden] Cat-Form Quality

  • Kevin Dawson
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 26, 2006
      On Jan 26, 2006, at 12:57 PM, Wulf Corbett wrote:

      > On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:28:00 +0100, Jake de Oude
      > <J.N.d.Oude@...> wrote:
      >
      > >Whether born this way, created by weird science or cursed by a
      > warlock,
      > >you have the ability to metamorphose at will to the shape of a cat.
      > >
      > >- Can transform at will.
      > >- All equipment you carry in human form changes with you, and
      > reappears
      > >  as you change back.
      >
      > This is the bit I have trouble with. Essentially, you have created a
      > method of carrying big things through small spaces, invisibly. I would
      > limit this strictly to a minimal load, clothing only. Or else make
      > this super-spy package VERY expensive!

      The best way to circumvent this problem is to require a special, time
      consuming and/or components expensive ritual or meditation thingy to
      make items capable of making the change with you.

      Or just require the shape changer to have intimate familiarity with the
      objects. Clothes and items owned and worn for more than a month, etc.
    • Eric Kiefer
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 8, 2006
        You realize of course that this is more or less a
        "reverse" Bast from the Witchcraft game? The same
        Witchcraft game that uses Unisystem and is available
        free as a pdf on drivethrurpg.com?

        It just seems to me that a lot of the "work" for this
        type of character has already been done. You just
        need to switch the cat and human form powers and
        change it to Cinematic Unisystem.

        Cordially,

        Eric Kiefer
        Pittsburgh, PA
        (aka John Forsythe on www.grey-elf.com/buffy)

        --- btvsrpg-eden@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > > >Whether born this way, created by weird science
        > or cursed by a
        > > warlock,
        > > >you have the ability to metamorphose at will to
        > the shape of a cat.
        > > >
        > > >- Can transform at will.
        > > >- All equipment you carry in human form changes
        > with you, and
        > > reappears
        > > >  as you change back.
        > >
        > > This is the bit I have trouble with. Essentially,
        > you have created a
        > > method of carrying big things through small
        > spaces, invisibly. I would
        > > limit this strictly to a minimal load, clothing
        > only. Or else make
        > > this super-spy package VERY expensive!
        >
        > The best way to circumvent this problem is to
        > require a special, time
        > consuming and/or components expensive ritual or
        > meditation thingy to
        > make items capable of making the change with you.
        >
        > Or just require the shape changer to have intimate
        > familiarity with the
        > objects. Clothes and items owned and worn for more
        > than a month, etc.

        Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • nitestar4@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 9, 2006
          Incidentally, the greater bast quality, the one that can change from cat to
          human, costs 5 points. So, take a look at witchcraft from there. They're
          actually quite interesting and playable creatures.

          Adam