Sword and Shield Studios???

  • Timothy S. Brannan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2005
      Has anyone heard of Sword and Shield Studios?

      Not "Sword and Sorcery Studios" the d20 publisher, this is something
      different.

      They are mentioned in this press release I got from NAGA.
      http://www.rpgnews.com/article.php?sid=3887 For the PR.
      http://www.dexposure.com/naga.html for the site.

      Here is what they are offering.
      "Chronicles of the New Watchers (Sword and Shield Studios), a Buffy
      the Vampire Slayer/Angel RPG Campaign".

      Is this supposed to be a print offering or just a game run at a con?
      Odd that there is no mention at all of Eden in that. It looks like
      it is just a game being played.

      Also this NAGA group. Are they trying to become the next GAMA?

      Thanks,

      Tim
    • Eric Kiefer
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2005
        I'm guessing that based on the fact that they're also
        offering Legends of the Shining Jewel, it's a Con
        campaign, much like Living City or Living Greyhawk.
        LSJ uses the Forgotten Realms setting, only without
        the permission or promotion power of WOTC and the
        RPGA. I'm betting this Chronicles is similiar (i.e.,
        no relation to Eden Studios, Mutant Enemy, et al.)

        Cordially,

        Eric
        Pittsburgh

        --- "Timothy S. Brannan" <web.warlock@...>
        wrote:
        > Has anyone heard of Sword and Shield Studios?
        >
        > Not "Sword and Sorcery Studios" the d20 publisher,
        > this is something
        > different.
        >
        > They are mentioned in this press release I got from
        > NAGA.
        > http://www.rpgnews.com/article.php?sid=3887 For the
        > PR.
        > http://www.dexposure.com/naga.html for the site.
        >
        > Here is what they are offering.
        > "Chronicles of the New Watchers (Sword and Shield
        > Studios), a Buffy
        > the Vampire Slayer/Angel RPG Campaign".
        >
        > Is this supposed to be a print offering or just a
        > game run at a con?
        > Odd that there is no mention at all of Eden in that.
        > It looks like
        > it is just a game being played.
        >
        > Also this NAGA group. Are they trying to become the
        > next GAMA?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Tim
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Web Warlock
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2005
          Thanks!

          Tim

          wrote:
          > Has anyone heard of Sword and Shield Studios?
          >
          > Not "Sword and Sorcery Studios" the d20 publisher,
          > this is something
          > different.
          >
          > They are mentioned in this press release I got from
          > NAGA.
          > http://www.rpgnews.com/article.php?sid=3887 For the
          > PR.
          > http://www.dexposure.com/naga.html for the site.
          >
          > Here is what they are offering.
          > "Chronicles of the New Watchers (Sword and Shield
          > Studios), a Buffy
          > the Vampire Slayer/Angel RPG Campaign".
          >
          > Is this supposed to be a print offering or just a
          > game run at a con?
          > Odd that there is no mention at all of Eden in that.
          > It looks like
          > it is just a game being played.
          >
          > Also this NAGA group. Are they trying to become the
          > next GAMA?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Tim
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur
          ad necem.

        • Derek Stoelting
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2005
            > Message: 1
            > Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 14:58:02 -0000
            > From: "Timothy S. Brannan" <web.warlock@...>
            > Subject: Sword and Shield Studios???
            >
            > Has anyone heard of Sword and Shield Studios?
            >
            > Not "Sword and Sorcery Studios" the d20 publisher, this is something
            > different.
            >
            > They are mentioned in this press release I got from NAGA.
            > http://www.rpgnews.com/article.php?sid=3887 For the PR.
            > http://www.dexposure.com/naga.html for the site.
            >
            > Here is what they are offering.
            > "Chronicles of the New Watchers (Sword and Shield Studios), a Buffy
            > the Vampire Slayer/Angel RPG Campaign".
            >
            > Is this supposed to be a print offering or just a game run at a con?
            > Odd that there is no mention at all of Eden in that. It looks like
            > it is just a game being played.
            >
            > Also this NAGA group. Are they trying to become the next GAMA?

            Tim,

            It is a convention campaign being put together by folks out east. Eden
            Studios and Fox do not currently officially support said campaign at
            this time. They may do so in the future, depending on all the various
            legal situations one normally finds involving licenses.

            I do recommend playing in games by those GMs, though.

            As to next GAMA, not really to my understanding. GAMA supports the rpg
            industry from the industry point of view. It looks like NAGA is a
            gaming club type situation. GAMA does not promote games, as such.

            Derek
          • SalviusDE
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2005
              Hi folks. I think I should take a few minutes to explain what is going on.

              This is Vincent Salzillo, the president of Double Exposure, Inc. and
              the founder of NAGA, the North American Gaming Alliance. I am the one
              who sent out the press release which was referred to.

              As you probably know, Double Exposure hosts the U.S. National Gaming
              Championship (which is fully supported by Eden and Fox); when the
              opportunity to add a Buffy/Angel campaign to NAGA came along, we
              thought it would be a great idea, and so Sword and Shield Studios was
              born, its founder and president being Kate Beaman-Martinez.

              "Chronicles of the New Watchers" is the new campaign - it is not
              limited to one convention, although it will premiere at DEXCON 8 along
              with the National Championship modules. It will then go into
              distribution around the U.S. and Canada to be played at other
              conventions, along with subsequent modules.

              This campaign is NOT a campaign which is in any way produced or
              developed by Eden, but Kate is working with Alex Jurkat to make sure
              that the direction of the campaign is one that coincides with Eden's
              interests.

              NAGA also represents 5 other campaigns, and I just wanted to take a
              moment to discuss Legends of the Shining Jewel - someone had posted
              that it was at odds with WotC, and that is actually very old
              information. LSJ had actually stopped running last year because of
              problems with WotC over the copyrighted material. Late last year, the
              issue was fully resolved, and LSJ is operational again under WotC's
              official Open Gaming License. We are proud to have it as a part of NAGA.

              I think it would be a good idea for Kate to post a few words about
              what she sees happening in this campaign. The point is that you will
              eventually be able to play it where you are in the country at your
              local gaming convention :-)

              Vincent Salzillo, President
              Double Exposure, Inc.
              Gaming the way it was MEANT to be!
              http://www.dexposure.com

              > > Has anyone heard of Sword and Shield Studios?
              > >
              > > Not "Sword and Sorcery Studios" the d20 publisher, this is something
              > > different.
              > >
              > > They are mentioned in this press release I got from NAGA.
              > > http://www.rpgnews.com/article.php?sid=3887 For the PR.
              > > http://www.dexposure.com/naga.html for the site.
              > >
              > > Here is what they are offering.
              > > "Chronicles of the New Watchers (Sword and Shield Studios), a Buffy
              > > the Vampire Slayer/Angel RPG Campaign".
              > >
              > > Is this supposed to be a print offering or just a game run at a con?
              > > Odd that there is no mention at all of Eden in that. It looks like
              > > it is just a game being played.
              > >
              > > Also this NAGA group. Are they trying to become the next GAMA?
              > >

              > Tim,
              >
              > It is a convention campaign being put together by folks out east. Eden
              > Studios and Fox do not currently officially support said campaign at
              > this time. They may do so in the future, depending on all the various
              > legal situations one normally finds involving licenses.
              >
              > I do recommend playing in games by those GMs, though.
              >
              > As to next GAMA, not really to my understanding. GAMA supports the rpg
              > industry from the industry point of view. It looks like NAGA is a
              > gaming club type situation. GAMA does not promote games, as such.
              >
              > Derek
            • Web Warlock
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2005
                Vincent,

                Thanks!!

                I was at work and did not have access to all my normal recourses.

                If you are promoting the game, and thus Eden, then I am hakuna with that.

                Tim

> [...]

                > > the Vampire Slayer/Angel RPG Campaign".
                > >
                > > Is this supposed to be a print offering or just a game run at a con?
                > > Odd that there is no mention at all of Eden in that. It looks like
                > > it is just a game being played.
                > >
                > > Also this NAGA group. Are they trying to become the next GAMA?
                > >

                > Tim,
                >
                > It is a convention campaign being put together by folks out east. Eden
                > Studios and Fox do not currently officially support said campaign at
                > this time. They may do so in the future, depending on all the various
                > legal situations one normally finds involving licenses.
                >
                > I do recommend playing in games by those GMs, though.
                >
                > As to next GAMA, not really to my understanding. GAMA supports the rpg
                > industry from the industry point of view. It looks like NAGA is a
                > gaming club type situation. GAMA does not promote games, as such.

                Yahoo! Groups Links