morning laugh

  • Web Warlock
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
      Well I am in the market for a new job.

      I just got a nice little email from "Wolfram Research" saying I did not
      match their requirements. Something about not being evil enough...

      (actually they didn't want a Ph.D. for something a BA could do)

      But it made me laugh.

      Tim

      --
      Timothy S. Brannan
      timothy.brannan@...
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
        But good to know that they considered you :) What's your degree in?

        Chris Dellario

        Lead Engineer

        Whatif Productions LLC

        http://www.whatif.info

        (617) 977-0115

      • jehosephat2001
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
          Obviously his degree is in Pure Applied Evil, which is why he's
          overqualified for the current opening. I'm sure a higher level
          position with a suitably malevolent firm will come up soon though.

          After all, evil organisations have such a high turnover. Just think,
          one day when Tim is a gainfully employed Big Bad we can all reminisce
          about how we knew him "back in the day".

          Oliver

          --- In btvsrpg-eden@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Dellario" <dellario@c...>
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
            Ph.D in Education and Psychology.
            MS is Psych and Psychometrics (Stats really)
            BA is Psych and Computer Science

            I have no clue what the company does. ;)

            One interview I went to this week the guy thought I was in my late 40s after
            looking at my CV. I used to be motivated...

            Tim

            --
            Timothy S. Brannan
            timothy.brannan@...
            Liber Mysterium, The Netbook of Witches and Warlocks. Available now at:
            http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/libermysterium.php

          • Web Warlock
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
              Ok that made me laugh even more!

              It's even funnier given that I am in my office now trying to find hidding
              places for my kids' Easter baskets.

              Tim

              --
              Timothy S. Brannan
              timothy.brannan@...
              Liber Mysterium, The Netbook of Witches and Warlocks. Available now at:
              http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/libermysterium.php

            • Greg Pearson
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                Web Warlock wrote:

                > I just got a nice little email from "Wolfram Research" saying I did not
                > match their requirements. Something about not being evil enough...
                >
                > (actually they didn't want a Ph.D. for something a BA could do)

                Wow, that was really Hartless of them.

                Sorry. In atonement for that pun, I offer the following URL (found by
                someone in my Buffy game):

                http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2001891951_vampires31.html

                ------------
                Greg Pearson
                Didn't anyone ever tell you not to bring your teeth to a sword
                fight?
                --Drew, Slaying Solomon episode 2.11 "Quantum Leap"
                http://www.velvet-edge.com/buffy
              • jehosephat2001
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                  Hey, you can be a nice sensitive caring guy and still be evil. Look
                  at The Mayor, for example. Just avoid Slayers and high explosives,
                  and you should have a long satisfying career ahead of you.

                  Oliver

                  --- In btvsrpg-eden@yahoogroups.com, "Web Warlock" <web.warlock@c...>
                  wrote:
                  > Ok that made me laugh even more!
                  >
                  > It's even funnier given that I am in my office now trying to find
                  hidding
                  > places for my kids' Easter baskets.
                  >
                  > Tim
                • jehosephat2001
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                    Now that's what I like to see. Communities taking proactive steps to
                    deal with their vampire problems, instead of waiting for some random
                    hero to show up and do it for them.

                    Oliver

                    --- In btvsrpg-eden@yahoogroups.com, Greg Pearson <gregpearson@e...>
                    wrote:

                    > > (actually they didn't want a Ph.D. for something a BA could do)
                    >
                    > Wow, that was really Hartless of them.
                    >
                    > Sorry. In atonement for that pun, I offer the following URL (found
                    by
                    > someone in my Buffy game):
                  • Brian A Stewart
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 4, 2004
                      > It's even funnier given that I am in my office now trying to find
                      hidding
                      > places for my kids' Easter baskets.

                      ...and what, pray tell, are in those baskets?!! BAD EGGS?!! ;-)

                      Brian

                      Brian A. Stewart-- Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
                      "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
                      are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
                      servile, but morally treasonable to the American public."
                      - Theodore Roosevelt

                      Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!