Re: BTVS and Angel RPG

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
      --- In btvsrpg-eden@yahoogroups.com, "eden@n..." <eden@n...> wrote:
      > <<I've been hearing some rumors around my town in which Eden is
      going to
      > CANCEL Buffy and Angel products...>>
      >
      > We have two more Buffy books and four more Angel products in the
      pipeline.
      > We just signed a new two-year deal with Fox for both properties. No
      > cancelation happening around here. We are very happy with the
      Angel and
      > Buffy RPG performances.

      Ahem,

      w00t!
    • martin arnold
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
        So am I, they are the most well made roleplaying games I've ever seen and
        owned.

        And I don't say that often, not even at Christmas.

        "Just look at it this way, a river of space...a ribbon of time...like a
        burial"

        Martin

      • ISpectre13@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
          I'm a little worried on the 2 books for Buffy part. I would assume those to be WtS and Military Monster Squad, is there to be no Watcher's Guidebook? That would really suck. I'd think the Watcher's Council would rate alot higher in the scheme of things (more so than the Initiative anyhow). Don't get me wrong I'd love to see the Initiative Sourcebook aswell. I've yet to be disappointed in anything from both the Buffy and Angel lines.

          " You won't find anything, here worthy of redeeming." -AFI

          " Something pure, to burn away the darkness that hides inside my mind." - Alkaline Trio

          " I'm weak...I've never been anything else. It's not the demon in me that needs killin, Buffy. It's the man." - Angel

          -Daniel-

        • bokman7757@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004

            In a message dated 1/1/04 2:12:48 PM, ISpectre13@... writes:

            I would assume those to be WtS and Military Monster Squad, is there to be no Watcher's Guidebook?

            First off, red on black is hard to read. Just a bit of advice.

            Secondly, I think the planned Watcher's Book is being held up at the approval stage while Fox, ME and others wait to find out whether the whole RIPPER concept is going anywhere. I'm not sure if any of it's been written yet, but the project is probably frozen at whatever stage it was at before this issue came up.
          • Tommy Brownell
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
              > I'm a little worried on the 2 books for Buffy part. I would assume those
              > be WtS and Military Monster Squad, is there to be no Watcher's Guidebook?
              That
              > would really suck. I'd think the Watcher's Council would rate alot higher
              in
              > the scheme of things (more so than the Initiative anyhow). Don't get me
              wrong
              > I'd love to see the Initiative Sourcebook aswell. I've yet to be
              disappointed
              > in anything from both the Buffy and Angel lines.

              If I remember the sequence of events correctly, Tea & Crossbows was planned
              and announced...only to be killed by Fox because the Watcher's Council went
              BOOM.

              But Alex said they signed a new Two-Year deal for BOTH properties, which
              could mean that we could see another Buffy book or two, including but not
              limited to Tea & Crossbows.

              Tommy
            • eden@nycap.rr.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
                <<If I remember the sequence of events correctly, Tea & Crossbows was
                planned and announced...only to be killed by Fox because the Watcher's
                Council went BOOM.>>

                It was put off because of the (at that time) pending BBC series with Giles.
                That seems like its moribund now so we should be able to get the bar lifted
                on that. Haven't needed to yet with the books already in the pipeline.

                Alex Jurkat
                Eden Studios
                www.edenstudios.net

                http://mail2web.com/ .
              • Tommy Brownell
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
                  > <<If I remember the sequence of events correctly, Tea & Crossbows was
                  > planned and announced...only to be killed by Fox because the Watcher's
                  > Council went BOOM.>>
                  >
                  > It was put off because of the (at that time) pending BBC series with
                  Giles.
                  > That seems like its moribund now so we should be able to get the bar
                  lifted
                  > on that. Haven't needed to yet with the books already in the pipeline.

                  Ah, very good times, then.

                  Tea & Crossbows would be a very useful book, IMHO...breaking down the
                  Council from, literally, beginning to end...with extrapolation for a few
                  "new" Councils...including one started by Giles and one left over from the
                  remnants of the old Council...some concrete differentiation between Watcher
                  Wet Works squads and Watcher-Watchers...and maybe the wrap-up to the Djinn
                  storyline, unless I completely missed it somewhere.

                  Tommy
                  Frothing, Sorry.