Dance list for Defender of the Rose Tourney

  • Zach
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
      This popped up on he chiv list (really, we're not all uncultured
      thugs). I don't think I can make it to the event since my wife has
      a Saturday class and I'm the designated toddler escort. The dance
      list might be worth working on a bit if we're interested in doing
      the dance band thing in the future. We've already practiced most of
      them, but does anyone have the full set of music?
      Gaston

      Here Ye! Here Ye !!
      Come one. Come All to the MASQUE and BALL at the Defender of the
      Rose Tourney held on the Second week of November.

      Spend all day viewing and competing in the Championship Tourneys for
      the honor of being a Champion of the Rose.
      Enjoy the fantastic feast
      Spend all night in Revelry and Dancing.

      Prizes will be given for best masque and costume honoring a
      historical
      Queen either of the high ages or the SCA or an ideal that the Roses
      promote. A special prize will be given for the best use of roses in
      a costume.
      Bring a dessert for the dessert competition.

      Here is the Ball List for Defenders of the Rose:
      Contact me and I will send you a book with information on the Dances
      compiled by the Squire Friendly Dance Master, Lord Guillaume.

      Set One:
      Ballo del Fiore (Dance of the Roses)
      Amoroso
      Queen's Alman
      Hole in the Wall

      Set Two
      Gathering Peascods
      Gelosia
      Earl of Salisbury Pavan
      Strip the Willow

      Set Three
      Rufty Tufty
      Lauro
      Villanella
      Petit Riense

      Set Four
      Picking of Sticks
      Pease Branle
      Lebens
      Black Alman
      Quen Quer Que
    • Martha Schreffler
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
        --- Zach <clermont1348@...> wrote:
        We've already
        > practiced most of
        > them, but does anyone have the full set of music?
        > Gaston

        I hadn't seen the event announcement with the set list
        but thought I'd paste here some helpful resources for
        compiling sets of music for SCA dance events (these
        were provided to me by Lowrie):

        http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Music/
        http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~kvs/music/pile/pieces.html

        I also enjoy Avatar's books:

        http://www.istanpitta.com/avatarmusic/musicbooks.html
      • Stephanie Richards
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2006
          Thanks Gaston,
          I'll look through my stuff and see how much of this I
          have, maybe they'll let us play some of it :)
          stephanie