May I?

  • Adry V
    Message 1 of 19 , May 11, 2004
      Hello there. It's May. It's hot over here.

      I'm going in three weeks to try (again) to get my driver license from
      the DMV. They're dicking me around, saying I don't know how to drive.
      If they only knew.
      Also I'm going to be (assuming the test goes well enough) buying a car.
      I'm looking for a '90s model Honda Civic 4-door, preferrably with a
      manual transmission, a sun/moon roof, a CD player & some big-ass shiny
      rims. Actually I'm kidding about the rims but the rest of it would be
      good. I don't want to have to pay extra for tires that will fit my big
      stupid wheels. Why would you suppose it is that we have to pay more
      money for less rubber?
      & then... have car, will travel. I'm going to start doing things, I
      swear it. I'll get out of the house, I'll see people, I'll make
      friends, I'll go places, I'll get in bands, all sorts of stuff. I'll
      probably even take road trips. The destination isn't as important as
      the trip until I figure out where I'm going. It's like this: Go
      somewhere -- figure out where. In that order.
      Wow, to be a driver again.
      So what happened to all my Broccolites? Rather, what happened to the
      rest of them? We've still got Lance & Tiffany & Cheralyn, but we're
      not enough! Are we getting too old for this kind of nonsense? Are
      there cool, hip lists to be on nowadays? Or has the forum changed so
      much that email lists are silly? Well, I don't have much time to spend
      online so I'll stick in the shallow end of the pool. Don't get me
      wrong, I'm thrilled with the few that are left. I'm not trying to draw
      some young, immature crowd to come make lewd statements & send nasty
      pictures.
      Ah, fuck it. We're fine.
      Road trip, anyone?

      5

    • fire drake
      Message 2 of 19 , May 12, 2004
        i sold my 10 miles per gallon car, and my Yamaha. i
        walk places on the rare occasions when i'm not parked
        in front of my computer, which is my favourite place
        to be.

      • Adry V
        Message 3 of 19 , May 12, 2004
          What sort of a Yamaha was it? A keyboard? A digital recorder? A
          motorcycle? I guess in the context I could assume the latter, but who
          am I to assume anything?

          Yeah, I like being in front of my computer fairly well, but it was a
          lot better when it was online. Being in front of my computer at work
          is probably my favorite place, but I get little done there. Mine is
          largely a physical job.
          I'm going to sell one of my Kawasakis most likely. I don't need a
          1000cc police bike. What I want is a dirt bike. & my little 250.
          I might eventually end up getting a 750 or so, but my girlfriend is
          begging me to give up street bikes. I apologized & told her I can't,
          or won't anyway. Not yet. I somehow get the feeling I need to crash
          before I give it up entirely.

          This day is going by far too slowly. I must have read three different
          stories about the state of the Hubble Telescope. I've been trying to
          avoid stories about the guy who got his head sawed off in Iraq. I've
          done my nails, I've volunteered to do other people's work; I never
          thought having nothing to do would get on my nerves so much.

          It's finally winding down, & the assembly staff will be leaving in
          about ten minutes. That means it's time to start closing up & getting
          ready to leave. I might go for a bike ride after work, but more likely
          I won't. It depends on her.

          5

        • fire drake
          Message 4 of 19 , May 13, 2004
            Yamaha RD400F. two wheels two cylinders two-stroke
            combustion cycle. a bit of a classic machine. the last
            air-cooled two-stroke that Yamaha imported to the
            U.S., as far as i know.

            that model was the king of the production-racer events
            when fitted with the Yahama TE-350 combustion chamber
            heads. which i never did; i just installed an all
            electronic ignition system and altered the induction
            system. also added dropdown handlebars [clubman bars,
            in reference to club racing]. i only drove it on the street.

            Message 5 of 19 , May 13, 2004
              Sounds pretty cool. Got any pictures?

              --- fire drake <feuerdraache@...> wrote:
              > Yamaha RD400F. two wheels two cylinders two-stroke
              > combustion cycle. a bit of a classic machine. the last
              > air-cooled two-stroke that Yamaha imported to the
              > U.S., as far as i know.
              >
              > that model was the king of the production-racer events
              > when fitted with the Yahama TE-350 combustion chamber
              > heads. which i never did; i just installed an all
              > electronic ignition system and altered the induction
              > system. also added dropdown handlebars [clubman bars,
              > in reference to club racing]. i only drove it on the street.

              > Yahoo! Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2'
              > http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/movie?mid=1808405861

            • Cheralyn
              Message 6 of 19 , May 16, 2004
                Hey all~

                Fuck roadtrips...all I want to do is be able to stay
                home for a few days. May is hell month for me. I
                will only have 3 days off this month. I hate my job.
                I leave for the east coast (again) tuesday and won't
                be back for 7 days. I am negotiating with the largest
                chain of auto parts warehouses in the US. No pressure
                there...it could only be the biggest thing to ever
                happen to my little company (plus, I get 2% of what
                will at minimum be a $1,000,000 yearly account so the
                stakes are raised even more). My dad is taking Kevin
                and I to the Grand Canyon next month (this is what
                happens when my dad and Kev spend too much time
                together). I'm sure it will be fun but I certainly
                don't think that June is the best time to be heading
                out to the hot ass desert.

                David, Kevin and I were going through the last of our
                boxes (it only took us a year but hey...) and I found
                a bunch of letters that we wrote to each other when I
                was in college (I would guess that it was probably
                91-92). I guess I used to call Ivan "Armpit". I
                cannot remember why but it sounds like he didn't
                appreciate it much. We sure have known each other a
                long time. Kevin and I will be celebrating our 6th
                anniversary this fall. Where has all of the time
                gone?

                I feel old for the first time in my life. It sucks.
                I was at a business meeting last week in Detroit and I
                was the oldest person at the table. Hello, i'm only
                31. Jesus fucking christ.

                Well, I better get my old ass to bed. I have to get
                up early.

                Hope everyone is doing well. Best of luck on the car.

                Cheralyn

                http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
              • Adry V
                Message 7 of 19 , May 17, 2004
                  Wow, 31. Geez. Well, this year I'm rolling over to 34. Hey, that's
                  Shaq's number. Speaking of the big mountainous moron, anybody been
                  following the playoffs? Some good stuff going on there.

                  Okay, so you won't be in on any of my road trips. If I was in your
                  position I'd be pretty soured on travel myself. Sounds like some good
                  career opportunity there.

                  So, letters from college eh? Funny how I can remember so little of
                  what has gone on in my past. Armpit -- that's pretty funny.

                  I am often the oldest person in a room anymore. My boss & supervisor
                  at work are a couple years behind me. I'm older & thinner & I'm sure
                  I'm more interesting than they are. Now if I could just remember how
                  interesting I am.

                  It's good to hear from you. Thanks for checking in. I still think we
                  should arrange some sort of gathering one of these years. Everybody,
                  come on! When the right time approaches, I think we will know.

                  Broccoli is dead. Long live Broccoli!

                  http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
                • Cheralyn
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 17, 2004
                    I've been watching the playoffs. There was nothing
                    like that shot at the end of game 5.

                    Why don't you see what you can arrange. I have
                    Frequent Flyer miles with Delta and Southwest so make
                    it somewhere that they go. I am getting cheaper in my
                    old age. Here is a road trip for you...why don't you
                    and Armpit come and check out the house. The pool
                    will be done tomorrow so we can swim and bbq.

                    Cheralyn

                    === message truncated ===

                    http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
                  • Adry V
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 18, 2004
                      Ooh, a pool. Well, I'm still a week away from my test & farther than
                      that from buying a car, but it'll still be hot. Yeah, I'll call old
                      stinkpit & see if he's up for it.

                      All right, anybody have any ideas? I fly SWA.

                      Boy, that D. Fish really stuck it to them in the Dun-Can pinch.
                      I see a Lakers-Pacers matchup. Unless the Kings knock us out.

                      Back to work. Stay flatulent.

                      http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
                    • Cheralyn
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 26, 2004
                        HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

                        Oh my God...it is so nice to be home! I have never
                        been so happy to sleep in my own bed (although I must
                        say that the beds in the Atlantic City Sheraton are
                        something else). Hopefully no more business trips
                        until September (Phoenix). Kev and I are going to
                        Vegas in two weeks and I guess our family Hawaii trip
                        is on for October. It was so humid in Philly and AC.
                        You could tell who was from the west coast...they were
                        the sweaty ones :) I have friends in New Jersey so it
                        was nice to get to see them. Where are all of the
                        Broccoli kids living now? Lance is in Florida? Blue
                        in Virginia? Tiffany in Oregon ? Washington? Blue,
                        how far are you from DC?

                        Kevin and his parents painted the outside of our house
                        while I was gone. It looks good and I didn't have to
                        put in any effort (well, I did buy the paint). We
                        have a few projects left (new tile in the bathrooms
                        and kitchen, new flooring). Kevin is already starting
                        to look around for a new house. I think he needs
                        projects to keep him out of trouble.

                        So, Dave...do you think that the Lakers are gonna go
                        all the way this year? That game 2 had me a little
                        nervous. Sprewell is one of my customers. He owns
                        Sprewell Racing in San Gabriel. It seems like he has
                        calmed down since his choking days. Who would you
                        rather go up against in the finals? Pacers or
                        Pistons? I have a customer in Detroit who leaves me
                        voicemail every day about how they are going to beat
                        the Lakers.

                        I'm bored out of my mind. We are changing from the
                        evil Adelphia Cable Co (they raised our rates AGAIN)
                        to Dish Network. They disconnected the cable today
                        and the Dish won't be installed until Friday. Thank
                        God for Hollywood Video.

                        Well, I guess I should go pay Kevin's Sears bill. I
                        hate driving...but it beats walking! Dave, you guys
                        can take the Metrolink out here. You connect in
                        Burbank. I don't think that it runs on Sunday.

                        Cheralyn

                        === message truncated ===

                        http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                      • Cheralyn
                        Message 11 of 19 , May 26, 2004
                          david, how do i change my email address on the
                          broccoli group? i tried to figure it out and ended up
                          reading posts from 1999 instead. i have no impulse
                          control.

                          it says that there are 14 of us. who the hell are you
                          people. show yourselves, goddamnit.

                          i miss shannon. and justin. and lance. and tiffany.
                          and davids friend whose name i can't remember (sorry.
                          i'm getting senile in my old age). anyone remember
                          brent? he was with us for a short while.

                          help me.

                          please.

                          cheralyn

                          http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                        • Adry V
                          Message 12 of 19 , May 28, 2004
                            To change email addresses, you either send mail to
                            'broccoli-subscribe@yahoogroups.com' from the new address, or you can
                            give me the addy & I'll fix it.

                            I don't know where those others are. I didn't know I had a friend on
                            here whose name you can't remember. I have a friend? Who's senile
                            now?

                            --- Cheralyn <cheralyn72@...> wrote:
                            > david, how do i change my email address on the
                            > broccoli group? i tried to figure it out and ended up
                            > reading posts from 1999 instead. i have no impulse
                            > control.
                            >
                            > it says that there are 14 of us. who the hell are you
                            > people. show yourselves, goddamnit.
                            >
                            > i miss shannon. and justin. and lance. and tiffany.
                            > and davids friend whose name i can't remember (sorry.
                            > i'm getting senile in my old age). anyone remember
                            > brent? he was with us for a short while.
                            >
                            > help me.
                            >
                            > please.
                            >
                            > cheralyn

                            > http://messenger.yahoo.com/

                            > --------------------~-->
                            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/rf.olB/TM

                            http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                          • Adry V
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 28, 2004
                              I think the Lakers can & likely will go all the way. I'd like to see
                              them go against the Pistons. They beat Indiana a few years ago in the
                              finals so that's boring.
                              Yeah, Spreewell seems to have it pretty together, & what a game he's
                              got. That cat can really move. I'm pretty sure we can take out the
                              T-wolves in the next game, but then we have to wait 'til the East is
                              done for more Lakers. I say we take it in five. As for Detroit (or
                              Indiana), that shouldn't be a problem for our boys. I think Minnesota
                              is the hard part. Garnett & Spreewell & Szerbiak (sp?) are a tough
                              bunch to get through. If Cassell wasn't hurt we probably would have
                              had a harder time all along. We wouldn't be at 3-1.

                              --- Cheralyn <cheralyn72@...> wrote:

                              > So, Dave...do you think that the Lakers are gonna go
                              > all the way this year? That game 2 had me a little
                              > nervous. Sprewell is one of my customers. He owns
                              > Sprewell Racing in San Gabriel. It seems like he has
                              > calmed down since his choking days. Who would you
                              > rather go up against in the finals? Pacers or
                              > Pistons? I have a customer in Detroit who leaves me
                              > voicemail every day about how they are going to beat
                              > the Lakers.

                              http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                            • Cheralyn
                              Message 14 of 19 , May 28, 2004
                                The new email address is kevncher@... and it
                                is not really new but I am tired of having to go
                                through all of the bullshit email that I get at this
                                yahoo address just to check the broccoli stuff.

                                I remembered the name. It is Jeff. He is your
                                friend, isn't he? It's the easy names that are the
                                biggest bitch for me to remember. Everyone should be
                                assigned weird names so that I can remember them.
                                Right, ADRY?

                                --- Adry V <Adry_5@...> wrote:
                                > To change email addresses, you either send mail to
                                > 'broccoli-subscribe@yahoogroups.com' from the new
                                > address, or you can
                                > give me the addy & I'll fix it.
                                >
                                > I don't know where those others are. I didn't know
                                > I had a friend on
                                > here whose name you can't remember. I have a
                                > friend? Who's senile
                                > now?
                                >
                                > --- Cheralyn <cheralyn72@...> wrote:
                                > > david, how do i change my email address on the
                                > > broccoli group? i tried to figure it out and
                                > ended up
                                > > reading posts from 1999 instead. i have no
                                > impulse
                                > > control.
                                > >
                                > > it says that there are 14 of us. who the hell are
                                > you
                                > > people. show yourselves, goddamnit.
                                > >
                                > > i miss shannon. and justin. and lance. and
                                > tiffany.
                                > > and davids friend whose name i can't remember
                                > (sorry.
                                > > i'm getting senile in my old age). anyone
                                > remember
                                > > brent? he was with us for a short while.
                                > >
                                > > help me.
                                > >
                                > > please.
                                > >
                                > > cheralyn

                                > > Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger.
                                > > http://messenger.yahoo.com/

                                > > --------------------~-->
                                > > Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion
                                > Toolbar.

                                http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/rf.olB/TM

                                > http://messenger.yahoo.com/

                                http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                              • Cheralyn
                                Message 15 of 19 , May 28, 2004
                                  I put some money down on them taking the finals after
                                  they finished off San Antonio. I would like to see
                                  them take on the Pistons, too. Mostly just to get my
                                  customer to shut the hell up. Game 5 tomorrow. 5 is
                                  my lucky number.

                                  What is everyone doing this fine holiday weekend?

                                  Cheralyn

                                  --- Adry V <Adry_5@...> wrote:

                                  > I think the Lakers can & likely will go all the way.
                                  > I'd like to see
                                  > them go against the Pistons. They beat Indiana a
                                  > few years ago in the
                                  > finals so that's boring.
                                  > Yeah, Spreewell seems to have it pretty together, &
                                  > what a game he's
                                  > got. That cat can really move. I'm pretty sure we
                                  > can take out the
                                  > T-wolves in the next game, but then we have to wait
                                  > 'til the East is
                                  > done for more Lakers. I say we take it in five. As
                                  > for Detroit (or
                                  > Indiana), that shouldn't be a problem for our boys.
                                  > I think Minnesota
                                  > is the hard part. Garnett & Spreewell & Szerbiak
                                  > (sp?) are a tough
                                  > bunch to get through. If Cassell wasn't hurt we
                                  > probably would have
                                  > had a harder time all along. We wouldn't be at 3-1.
                                  >

                                  > --- Cheralyn <cheralyn72@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > So, Dave...do you think that the Lakers are gonna
                                  > go
                                  > > all the way this year? That game 2 had me a
                                  > little
                                  > > nervous. Sprewell is one of my customers. He
                                  > owns
                                  > > Sprewell Racing in San Gabriel. It seems like he
                                  > has
                                  > > calmed down since his choking days. Who would you
                                  > > rather go up against in the finals? Pacers or
                                  > > Pistons? I have a customer in Detroit who leaves
                                  > me
                                  > > voicemail every day about how they are going to
                                  > beat
                                  > > the Lakers.

                                  > http://messenger.yahoo.com/

                                  http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                                • Adry V
                                  Message 16 of 19 , May 28, 2004
                                    That's right. yeah, Jeff. He's all right. He's so quiet I forgot he
                                    was around. I saw him last weekend though.

                                    Yeah, I'll hook up your address if it isn't already. Do you want me to
                                    take the old one off?

                                    http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                                  • fire drake
                                    Message 17 of 19 , May 28, 2004
                                      this Memorial Day weekend, i'll probably play Wipeout
                                      XL and attempt to improve my records. also watch the
                                      Indy 500. otherwise i'll just look up interesting
                                      stuff on the computer. like always.

                                      is Jeff Mitchell/Spooky still testing videogames for a
                                      living or has he moved on to something else?

                                      enjoy the free time, folks; it's the best thing we've
                                      got.

                                      __ Lance

                                      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                                    • Jeff Mitchell
                                      Message 18 of 19 , May 28, 2004
                                        Hello. I know I am quiet, I'm sorry. My life currently is as boring as you can get. That's why I don't post. Not much to tell. I no longer test games as the company I worked for went under. However, I enjoyed it too much to do anything else so I am trying to get a job at another game company. Other than that, I watch a lot of movies. So, in a way, I guess this is the most appropriate list to post to. It is still the "Nothing List" isn't it?
                                        this Memorial Day weekend, i'll probably play Wipeout
                                        XL and attempt to improve my records. also watch the
                                        Indy 500. otherwise i'll just look up interesting
                                        stuff on the computer. like always.

                                        is Jeff Mitchell/Spooky still testing videogames for a
                                        living or has he moved on to something else?

                                        enjoy the free time, folks; it's the best thing we've
                                        got.

                                        __ Lance

                                        http://messenger.yahoo.com/<http://messenger.yahoo.com/>

                                        broccoli's nothing

                                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                        <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=1290ug5j9/M=295920.4923769.6125018.4804107/D=groups/S=1705240555:HM/EXP=1085878621/A=2161811/R=0/SIG=127l12sfl/*http://visitors.thehistorychannelclub.com/home.asp?promotion=9I4YATX2>

                                      • Adry V
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jun 1, 2004
                                          Yes, this is still the Nothing list. Just because Broccoli is dead it
                                          doesn't make him any less nothing.

                                          I wish there was more going on in my life too. Something to talk
                                          about. All I've got right now is the Lakers. Going to the Finals
                                          again. & I went & saw Soul Plane on Sunday. I was hoping for a lot
                                          more.
                                          Though I hadn't seen her in weeks, I went up into the canyon to meet up
                                          with Doriandra & the kids & bring them some food. They were climbing &
                                          such. I climbed up the rock & back & made paint brushes out of bamboo.
                                          My roommate pulled all the carpet out of the music room. It was the
                                          only room in the house with carpet, & the one room that could use it.
                                          Now it's a nice hardwood floor like the rest of the house. Nice &
                                          echoey.

                                          Nope, I was right, nothing to talk about. Next...?

                                          http://messenger.yahoo.com/