General Update

  • Adry V
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2003
      I've just finished East of Eden. What a beast of a book that was. I
      don't know what to do now with my Saturday. I'm at the library because
      I was returning the book, & now I don't have a book to read when I go
      back to work on Monday, & I've used up all the Steinbeck they have.
      I brought a computer to the house from storage. Just a little one that
      won't do much, but at least I can type.
      So I could take the motorcycle & go for a ride, but I'd just be
      wandering aimlessly like I so often do. I wish there was a way I could
      make it all the way to Martha's. If I knew what streets to take &
      could avoid the freeway altogether, it might take me four hours but I
      would go. What else am I going to do on a day like this? It's
      beautiful out, with a clear blue sky & bright sun, but it's only April
      & it hasn't gotten unbearably hot. Yesterday it was cold. Downright
      cold. I was freezing in bed this morning.
      The other day I approached the owner of the company I work for & asked
      him for some money to help me pay my hospital bill that has gone to
      collections. He gave me a check for two hundred fifty dollars, so I
      took the check I got back from Household Bank & cashed it, then took
      three hundred seventy-five to Rite Aid & Western Unioned it to the
      agency. That covered half of the debt. I told them I would pay the
      other half next week & be done with it, to save me from going on
      another list where I'd be stuck for seven to ten years.
      I was in such a hurry to get the action underway that as soon as I
      walked in the house I got my helmet & went right back out again. It
      was raining part of the day, & chilly. I had my leather jacket on &
      some denim shorts. I felt silly riding in the near rain in shorts, but
      I had this thing I had to get done. & I did. The company might pay
      for some more of the bill, but I will certainly pay what I need to. As
      it is I still have three uncashed paychecks stashed away amounting to
      almost two thousand dollars. That's for something big & important,
      like some new wheels or a home.
      Speaking of home, this house I'm at lost one roommate, so it's down to
      me & the other guy. So it looks like I'll get a room. That means rent
      will go up, but it's still less than half of what I'd likely be paying
      living by myself. I don't know if it's worth it, if the solitude would
      balance out the cost, but I rather doubt it. Whether I'm alone or in a
      crowd, I've got blockage keeping some untapped resource from draining
      out of me. I want to be able to think clearly, & I blame my
      surroundings for preventing it, but if I was alone night after night I
      would need to start pointing my accusing finger at new innocent things
      for breaking up the thought process. I have a short attention span. I
      wouldn't go so far as to call it a disorder, like so many doctors seem
      to these days, but it does keep my mind whirling so that a thought
      hardly has a chance to settle before being whisked away by transient
      distractions.
      Speaking of distractions, I found out that the people at work had been
      reading my journals. They know what I have thought about them from the
      beginning of my employment there. Somehow nobody has said anything
      until now, & they still talk to me & like me. I'm not quite sure what
      to think anymore, but at the owner's suggestion I'm going on as if
      everything were the same, because it is. The only thing that has
      changed is that now I know that they know. Maybe they consider me
      petty, maybe they don't care or even remember the things I wrote, like
      that I would choose Pete's woman but Randy's kids. I don't know
      Randy's wife at all, but Pete's little girl is loud & annoying. But I
      never said it.
      A friend of mine just had a birthday & she's supposed to have a party
      tonight to celebrate it. Maybe I should go home & take her call.

      5

      =====
      http://www.coutant.com/broccoli

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Tiffany
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2003
        Well, holy crap. I haven't said much here for a while, huh? What's new with
        me? Maybe, you'd be surprised to learn I'm not expecting any more babies.
        *wink*

        I'm working again, part time. Of all things, I work at an insurance agency
        (You're In Good Hands...). They really want me to get my agent's license,
        but being an insurance girl was never my lifelong dream. So, rather than
        waste my time (and money) on that, I think I'm going to dump the gig and go
        back to school. Yep. That's the plan come Fall.

        Being that my last effort at an education ranked as some of the dumbest
        years of my life, I'm a bit nervous about making the leap again. I'd like
        to think I've grown wiser in the past few years, and I can finally handle
        college. :P I just need to keep away from anything wiht a penis (except my
        adoring husband, that is) and I should be fine. I'll keep the razors at bay,
        as well.

        I've scrapped the Journalism major, however, in search of a more lucritive
        career. Computer Science. The way I figure it, if I can build 4 computers
        and network them together without so much as consulting an instruction
        manual, I may just have a future in the field. What do you think? Do I
        dare? I've got the brains and the geekiness going for me, so what the hell.

        David, it sounds like your life is as much a roller coaster as always. I
        envy you for that sometimes. My life is so picture perfect straight right
        now, it's almost boring. The most exciting thing I've done in the past few
        months is make a damn delicious tangerine glazed ham for Easter dinner. And
        I did it buzzed, no less. Go me.

        Where is everyone else? I think I must miss some emails, because they tend
        to come out of nowhere and make little sense. I'm gonna go check out the
        website, just to see what I'm missing out on.

        That's it for now. *hugs* for everyone.

        Tiffany

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2003
          It's good to hear things are still perfect. Also glad to hear you're
          going back to school without wasting it on the stupid school paper.
          When I enrolled in PCC's journalism program, I was appalled at how
          lackadaisical everyone was about the paper. They just really didn't
          give a shit. A far cry from the Talon Marks with the lively spirit of
          Amara Aguilar & Dave Feenstra & Jimmy Reynosa & the like. Now WE put
          out a paper. The bookstore scandal, harping on Wayne Nunnery, making
          fun of Party Whip Joel Esparza; those were the days. The
          copy/entertainment editor dating the news/managing editor. No teacher.
          Good times.
          I am surprised you're not thick with child. Did you keep those first
          two or just start over?

          I finally started moving into my new room. Now I need a bed. I need a
          hell of a lot more than that but to get through the week I need a bed.
          Last night I slept on this folding Army cot thing. Well, not really.
          It wasn't last night & I didn't much sleep. It started around 1:30
          this morning & I rolled over & over with my cover slipping off. Most
          lousy, I must say. I never thought I'd long for that damn couch in the
          living room. Ah well, I'll get a couch for my room.

          Well, back to work.

          5