we made it this far.

  • Adry V
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2003
      Back in the '70s when I was a little kid spinning around in my
      grandparents' pool, I used to dream of when I would turn 30, way off in
      the impossible future of the year 2000. Look at us now. Who among us
      thought we'd see 2003? Not me. Yet here I am, & I have, if anything,
      less of an idea what I'm going to do with my life than I did when I was
      8 & swimming.

      I hope everyone did something they enjoyed during the holiday weeks so
      recently passed.

      Here's a rough summary of what my life consists of these days:
      I go to work. I spend 8 1/2 hours there Monday through Friday.
      I go 'home.' I have around an hour before somebody else shows up &
      destroys my peace. Then the TV goes on. Television dominates the rest
      of the night until I roll over to pass out & the others head off to
      their respective beds.
      On weekends I ride my motorcycle wherever I can come up with an excuse
      to go; lately the library (which is only two blocks away) is a
      significant stop. There's a woman there I'm trying to get up next to
      for conversational purposes; I'm a pussy & I haven't said a word to
      her.
      After I finished a big-ass book that I found at the house (some 650
      pages) I got a Hunter Thompson book from the library. I finished that
      in 3 or four days & went back & got a book on quantum mechanics. That
      one's going to take me a while longer. The paragraphs seem to repeat
      themselves at least three times each.
      I hardly drink anymore, there's no girlfriend anymore, I basically have
      no friends anymore, & I feel like I'm rotting most of the time I'm
      slacking around that house. When I'm at work is the only time I feel
      like I'm living. That's pretty bad.

      I bet there's stuff I should be doing. Let's hear from you all.
      What's going on with you?

      5

      =====
      http://www.coutant.com/broccoli

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Usaagi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2003
        quantum mechanics? unless you want to actually do it for a living, and just
        want to get a good and reasonably detailed idea of the concept and what it
        means to the nature of reality, you would probably be best off just reading
        Gary Zukav's ''The Dancing Wu-Li Masters'', an excellent and fairly large
        overview in easy non-mathematical explications. in quantum mechanics,
        probability is everything.

        have you ever lived alone in your own place? i don't recall your ever saying
        so. possibly this is what you need for at least a few months. or not. maybe
        you need people around you all the time

        take care

        lance
      • Adry V
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
          No, Lance, as a matter of fact I never have lived alone, except for the
          week or so at the apartment before Ivan moved in. I agree that it
          would be a nice break for a while.
          My grandmother sent me a book by Gary Zukav but I never got around to
          reading it. It wasn't the one you mentioned though. Anyway, this book
          I got isn't mathematical either. It's just really repetitive.
          This weekend I'm going looking for a place to go. Maybe in or around
          Whittier. Something's got to pan out here eventually.

          =====

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
            Zukav 'descended' into mystical self-analysis/help books and appearances on
            Oprah, but the '..Wu-Li..' is excellent