well hello & would you look at that

  • Adry V
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2001
      Boy do I have stories to tell about how this has all come together.
      Boy am I not about to go into it all now. I can tell you this though:
      I'm borrowing access on a friend's AOL account while using a free
      computer. I've kept a couple of updates since the severing of my con-X
      & I intend to one day get that chalked up on the ol' dot com. I'm on
      an all-different computer, downloading ISP software from Juno. I've
      learned a lot of things since I last wrote to you all. I started
      writing a paper-type letter, but I can't find the time to keep my
      closest friends & relatives from hating me, let alone write a letter by
      hand of all things to a bunch of people whose addresses I mostly don't
      know. So I couldn't go to a library, I couldn't go up the street to a
      friend's, I couldn't go to Stan's & hop online; nope, I've been
      completely & forcibly barred from the world wide waste. Ooh, hey, I
      borrowed (from the same one who loaned me this password) the Kid A cd.
      Wow. That's four albums now with not a bad song among them. It's
      things like that that make me like things like that. Y'know?

      Man, I've missed you guys. I hope you're all still there. I'm 57% of
      the way through a 7.5 meg download, & I'm scared I'll get forty or
      fifty minutes into it & it'll freeze up like the Mac always did. So I
      am not reading any of my mail yet. I'll wait until I (hopefully) get
      on with Juno & my own account & then I'll be here for days & days
      straight. Hell, I've spent the last several weeks building myself a
      computer or two. I'm totally ready to do some catching up.
      Jeff, I saw a note from you in my inbox. I'm glad about that. You
      moved & I don't know where & I don't have your new phone number...
      Considering the inconsistency of my internet presence these days, could
      you call me one of these weekends & give me your new number? Ivan
      wanted to get ahold of you too one night. The night Mulder & Scully
      finally kissed. Big news.
      I've been having some news off & on, big & otherwise, but not too many
      accompanying photos. & how do we all feel about our noble new leader,
      mr George Jr.? Sickens me, it does. Hey, I'm gonna try something,
      that being sending this letter before my whole world freezes up. How
      'bout this heat, eh? Tiff, earthquakes & typhoons & whatnot getting on
      their way? Move along, nothing to see here. Bad storm! Evil shaking!
      miss & love, bybye.

      Superheterodyne B

      =====
      http://www.coutant.com/broccoli/

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Usaagi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 12, 2001
        you should be listening to amnesiac as well as kid a. i like it even better,
        with the exception of one song.

        love, lance
      • render blue.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 12, 2001
          before you go off to save the world without a computer..

          hi. i've been thinking of you. :)
        • Adry V
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12, 2001
            Hi hi hi there my little droogies. So nice to have you so handy.
            Lance, I haven't had the chance to hear anything newer than Kid A but I
            sure as hell will, I tell you. I've come out of the closet (no
            offense) about my deep fondness for Radiohead. At first I liked them.
            I liked them a lot & that was that. Then the mega-popularity started
            kicking in & I'm used to shabby carelessness following close behind, so
            I backed off & kept quiet. After so long, after so long, here they are
            still making me shiver. I need to see another concert. I've got the
            ladyfriend all bent on them now too. I'm just now (not NOW now)
            breaking her in to the Poster Children experience. She's taking to it
            like a cat to a salad.

            Boo boo blue... I've thought about you a couple again times. See, I
            have this song called 'Hey You' that Gitane really liked & we started
            doing it at practice & we were going to break it in at the next show &
            probably put it on the album. But lo, she up & skeedaddled while I was
            away doing the Lady thing. Haven't heard from her in weeks. I bet she
            has a new band together already. & skipping the appropriate modesty,
            I'll bet you they're not nearly as good as we were. It's okay with me.
            Ivan & Kevin & me are doing a band anyway, without her. "Hey you with
            the golden arm, when did you come on? How long will you stay? Hey you,
            crawling up that way, doesn't it make you just want to die?" See, it's
            called 'Hey You' but it's supposed to be called Strange Blue
            Attractors. It's a funny little song, with each verse being about
            something else, & the chorus, something else again. The first part is
            subtlely disguised, but it's about making my web page. Then the chorus
            is about this guy who used to live across the road from Doriandra.
            Then the second verse is sort of to/about this girl I sort of know.
            "So you are a little star-fucked. Might be my first time too. I don't
            know what will come of it but I will name it after you." A moment in
            the sun, so to speak. People were actually going to hear my song, &
            with Get-any Demon wailing it out. So much for that plan of action.

            So anyway, guys, everybody's telling me I've lost a lot of weight & I
            don't look all that healthy & stuff. I actually grew a little
            beard/moustache thing for a while there. Too lazy to shave. Then Evad
            comes over, laughs, & asks if I'm going for the Thom Yorke thing,
            because he just saw Thom on a magazine with the same haircut/facial
            thing going on. Funny.

            Well, I've got to split. I really hope this Juno thing works out &
            I'll be on again before you know it, though it probably won't last long
            because I took the modem from the Lady's comp, & once I make it work,
            she'll likely want it working up where she is. She won't ever use it,
            but she'll want to have it because she has more right to it than I do.
            After all, I'm only the guy who took the things out of the truck & put
            them together & tuned them up & everything. She's the one who had to
            give birth to the guy's child. I'm not complaining. I'm glad to have
            one in any case. The old Mac's not doing so hot. But yeah, I should
            split. Jackie might want to get on her account, & I told Stan I'd drop
            him a note when I got the exe downloaded. So here's hoping this isn't
            farewell. Keep the faith, babies.

            =====