rain & changes

  • Ichabod Broccoli
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2001
      I hope everyone's okay. It looks like it's raining in
      Altamonte Springs & Seattle today. Sunny in the high
      '70s here in the San Gabriel Valley.
      It also looks like Yahoo! now contains this group as
      well as the rest of Onelist/eGroups. Talk about
      monopolies. Ah well. I'll use the hell out of it &
      just not buy any products. I don't want to support
      the monstrosity. Just utilize it.

      I read a chapter from a book called "The 10 Dumbest
      Mistakes Smart People Make". It hit upon some pretty
      good points against my behavioral disorders.

      Gitane Demone is playing tonight at Sandraella's strip
      joint in Anaheim, in case you haven't looked under any
      of my rocks lately.

      Prosper in all you strive for, my friends. I'm going
      thrift shopping now.

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • blue & not you.
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2001
        i'm sure everyone is just fine.

        justin's birthday was yesterday. say something if you feel so inclined.

        gitane demone has her own card at borders. i made it myself.

        use it. don't support it. i like that. monkey see.

        what mistakes do smart people make?

        blue says, "when are you touring, brock? get on the horse."

        visits to foreign places soon. if i come to shangri-l.a., will you give me
        your numeric digits?

      • blue & not you.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 4, 2001
            Hey. Sorry I haven't written in a while. Been busy with work, which is
            where I am now. Probably another all-nighter. Broccoli boy, how goes it?
            If this game ever ships I can hang out wit cha. I should be free this next
            weekend. Let me know.

            > justin's birthday was yesterday. say something if
            > you feel so inclined.

            I'm feeling rather reclined.
            Happy being-squeezed-out-of-something-you-hope-to-
            never-see-again anniversary week.

            > gitane demone has her own card at borders. i made
            > it myself.

            Aw, sweet. Thanks. (<-- not sarcasm)
            Do you have the Stars of Trash album there? Did you
            see my name? Hee hee. I'm playing pop star. Kevin's
            in there too.

            > use it. don't support it. i like that. monkey
            > see.

            (sarcasm?)

            > what mistakes do smart people make?

            well, we... um, I mean... they tend to take things too
            personally sometimes, find inexcusable fault in
            imperfection, think they can read minds, that sort of
            thing. I'm not done with the book yet.

            > blue says, "when are you touring, brock? get on the
            > horse."

            Brock says, "horse? what horse? You want me to start
            doing heroin again?"
            um, so far it kind of looks like we may hit SLC in
            April, Leipzig in June, & maybe tour this young
            country in summer.

            > visits to foreign places soon. if i come to
            > shangri-l.a., will you give me
            > your numeric digits?

            If you're in L.A., how can I reach you to give you the
            number? Call me & tell me where you're staying. but
            seriously, I'd love to hear from any of you who come
            to my coast. 626 930 0685. I don't have wheels just
            now or I'd show you the town. Maybe Jeff would want
            to hang out. We never see each other anymore. It
            would be cool to make a thing of it. Ooh, & you've
            got to meet Cheralyn. Wait, you weren't talking to
            me, were you?

            a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/ <http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/>

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=176325.1307935.2900315.1248727/D=egroupmail/S=1700031
            534:N/A=572120/R=1/*http://domains.yahoo.com>
            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=176325.1307935.2900315.1248727/D=egroupmail/S=1700031
            534:N/A=572120/R=2/*http://domains.yahoo.com>

            www. .com

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=176325.1307935.2900315.1248727/D=egroupmai
            l/S=1700031534:N/A=572120/rand=371353619>

            broccoli's nothing

          • Ichabod Broccoli
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 4, 2001
              --- "blue & not you." <fathomless@...> wrote:
              > i'm sure everyone is just fine.

              how can you be so sure? heh heh.

              > justin's birthday was yesterday. say something if
              > you feel so inclined.

              I'm feeling rather reclined.
              Happy being-squeezed-out-of-something-you-hope-to-
              never-see-again anniversary week.

              > gitane demone has her own card at borders. i made
              > it myself.

              Aw, sweet. Thanks. (<-- not sarcasm)
              Do you have the Stars of Trash album there? Did you
              see my name? Hee hee. I'm playing pop star. Kevin's
              in there too.

              > use it. don't support it. i like that. monkey
              > see.

              (sarcasm?)

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 4, 2001
                --- "blue & not you." <fathomless@...> wrote:
                >i'm sure everyone is just fine.

                how can you be so sure? heh heh.

                oh yknow. it's my shortsighted view of the world.

                >gitane demone has her own card at borders. i made
                >it myself.

                Aw, sweet. Thanks. (<-- not sarcasm)
                Do you have the Stars of Trash album there? Did you
                see my name? Hee hee. I'm playing pop star. Kevin's
                in there too.

                yeah, dude. didn't i tell you about that when i saw her name in that goth
                mag a year ago? i think i might've. but who knows. yes. i wanted to make
                one for you but.. oh.

                where art thou, cheralyn? we barely knew ye.

                >use it. don't support it. i like that. monkey
                >see.

                (sarcasm?)

                no way. seriously.

                <<well, we... um, I mean... they tend to take things too
                personally sometimes, find inexcusable fault in
                imperfection, think they can read minds, that sort of
                thing. I'm not done with the book yet.>>

                okay. please keep me/us posted.
                i feel so nonchalant at the moment. is it incredibly noticeable? i look
                fat, don't i.

                have you heard the pastels, brock? they're interesting, but i don't really
                understand who they are. do they just fuck with people's songs? i'm
                assuming they have permission, but is it like autechre & aphex twin.. a
                partnership of sorts? so confused.

                <<Brock says, "horse? what horse? You want me to start
                doing heroin again?">>

                do you want to? i wouldn't suggest it.

                god. everyone is quitting smoking. the patch is like the new thing to do.
                instead of going outside for a puff, everyone goes outside to check their
                patch levels. it's almost funny. i wonder how long it will last. :)

                utah to leipzig. hm.

                If you're in L.A., how can I reach you to give you the
                number? Call me & tell me where you're staying. but
                seriously, I'd love to hear from any of you who come
                to my coast. 626 930 0685. I don't have wheels just
                now or I'd show you the town. Maybe Jeff would want
                to hang out. We never see each other anymore. It
                would be cool to make a thing of it. Ooh, & you've
                got to meet Cheralyn. Wait, you weren't talking to
                me, were you?

                we can always ride bikes (god, i want a fucking bike). i was talking to
                you. goof. i don't know when i'm going out there, since everything is so
                up in the air with me & with the connectors in weho & la proper. feh.

                i'm actually starting to answer the phone again. herf.

                amazing.

                slurpees are so goddamn good.

              • Ichabod Broccoli
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 5, 2001
                  --- "blue & not you." <fathomless@...> wrote:

                  > yeah, dude. didn't i tell you about that when i saw
                  > her name in that goth
                  > mag a year ago? i think i might've. but who knows.
                  > yes. i wanted to make
                  > one for you but.. oh.

                  I didn't realize that coincided with the release of
                  the album. Pardon my redundancy. Can't quite get
                  enough of the self-promotion hype bit.
                  As for MY card, I think something in a pink/yellow
                  paisley & I want my name in Bodoni bold with a drop
                  shadow, & a poster near the door.

                  > i feel so nonchalant at the moment. is it
                  > incredibly noticeable? i look
                  > fat, don't i.

                  Yes & no. Well, maybe you look fat. I can't see you.
                  Probably, you cow. You do seem rather reclined as
                  well. (as well as me, not as well as looking fat)

                  > have you heard the pastels, brock?

                  No, but I'm getting sort of a sense of what they sound
                  like.

                  > they're interesting, but i don't really
                  > understand who they are. do they just fuck with
                  > people's songs? i'm
                  > assuming they have permission, but is it like
                  > autechre & aphex twin.. a
                  > partnership of sorts? so confused.

                  I... don't know. I've heard of aphex twin though.
                  have an album (ambient works vol. II)

                  > <<Brock says, "horse? what horse? You want me to
                  > start
                  > doing heroin again?">>
                  >
                  > do you want to? i wouldn't suggest it.

                  Um, not on my list, but something's got to be 'done'.
                  I don't have any grass to smoke, & it hardly works
                  like it used to anyway. I do have a twinspot on an
                  order that may or may not appear. It's something at
                  least. Am I evil? Yes, I am.

                  > god. everyone is quitting smoking. the patch is
                  > like the new thing to do.
                  > instead of going outside for a puff, everyone goes
                  > outside to check their
                  > patch levels. it's almost funny. i wonder how long
                  > it will last. :)

                  Fuck that. Light 'em up. I'm doing Winston lights
                  these days. That is funny, though, about the patch
                  levels (though I don't exactly get the level thing).

                  > utah to leipzig. hm.

                  you can say that again.

                  > we can always ride bikes (god, i want a fucking
                  > bike).

                  Yes, YES. Bikes! Sheila & Lorenzo, together again.
                  Do you want the 3-speed or the 12? Sheila's got
                  fenders...

                  i was talking to
                  > you. goof. i don't know when i'm going out there,
                  > since everything is so
                  > up in the air with me & with the connectors in weho
                  > & la proper. feh.

                  WeHo, heh? about 30 minutes from here. Unless you're
                  on a bike. Even then it depends which you chose.

                  > i'm actually starting to answer the phone again.
                  > herf.
                  >
                  > amazing.

                  is the phone evil? yes, it is.

                  > slurpees are so goddamn good.

                  suck slowly. a brain-freeze is no laughing matter.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 5, 2001
                    --- jmitchell@... wrote:
                    > Hey. Sorry I haven't written in a while. Been busy
                    > with work, which is
                    > where I am now. Probably another all-nighter.
                    > Broccoli boy, how goes it?
                    > If this game ever ships I can hang out wit cha. I
                    > should be free this next
                    > weekend. Let me know.

                    Work is an excusable offense. At least you're doing
                    something. Sorry I haven't been writing much lately;
                    I've been sitting around eating frozen burritos &
                    making funny videos & building a huge aluminum can
                    collection. At least I've started reading again.
                    Keep my brain alive. Who'd have thought the Simpsons
                    would slack off in that area?

                    Jeff, I'll let you know what's going on this weekend.
                    It's just comforting to know you're still there &
                    still my friend.

                    Did I tell you I bought more 8-track tapes today? I
                    also got Joan Rivers on cassette. Who wants a copy??

                    Seriously, one day we should plan & execute a big
                    meeting/party/group suicide-type thing. What would be
                    a good location? I'd say let's meet in the middle,
                    except then we'd be in Texas, & nobody wants that.
                    How about New Orleans? I'm tempted to say let's meet
                    here, but that leaves the burden of travel on y'all
                    over there. & Tiff, if she decides to show. She
                    might be sick of So Cal. Just think, I could have
                    Lance &/or Justin stay here, Cheralyn could have Blue
                    & Tiff stay with her, Jeff could drive up for the day
                    (I don't think he's really a sleep-over type guy), &
                    if Brent decided to come... I wonder if he's still in
                    a relationship, cuz maybe he & Lance would have things
                    to talk about. Anyway, I'd be up for anything: people
                    crashing here, shipping myself to the East Coast, a
                    continental suicide pact. You know what we need now?
                    A northeastern rep. Brent was in Chi-town, but that's
                    only great-lake-y. I'm thinking New England/New York.
                    Besides, Brent hasn't reported in . . . has it been
                    years? Can you believe (I know I've said this) that
                    we're less than ten days from our 2-year anniversary
                    on Onelist alone? Nevermind that it's changed hands
                    twice since then, it's a pretty enduring list so far.
                    Seriously, I've 'known' you guys for years. How weird
                    is that? So let's plan this thing, & if we decide on
                    the Eastern conclusion, I'll call up Sarasota & turn
                    myself in for a free ride, & after the minimal time
                    served for a failure to appear on a pot possession
                    charge, I'll call one of you from jail & catch a bus
                    or something. C'mon, it'll be fun. Cheralyn, when
                    will you get to fly East for a muffler show or
                    something? Might be a good thing to plan it around.
                    Or, if you, Blue, are coming this way, how about
                    bringing those boys with you? Am I going on too long
                    about this? I want to meet you people! That's it,
                    I'm starting drinking again. I haven't had an
                    alcoholic beverage since... well, since last night.
                    But before that it was... um, Thursday. But before
                    that... well anyway, I haven't had a drink all day,
                    so here goes. When your vomit contains mostly orange
                    soda, it's not nearly so bad, & so pretty-colored!
                    Stephanie's come over for her weekly abuse. I made
                    $21 off last night's show. Okay, bye.

                    a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/