311City, Town, County Records

  • fenchel387
    Feb 5, 2008
      I visited Waldoboro several years ago hoping to get information on
      Prachts (now Procks) and Wagners. Town hall personnel told me that
      the records were lost in a fire many years ago.

      My question is - were the town records deposited in the County or
      State archives anytime before the fire?

      I have a copy of Broad Bay Pioneers but have found that there are
      many errors and/or omissions, especially as they relate to the
      Prachts and Wagners.

      Over the years I have written to many of the Procks living in
      Waldoboro but none of them has ever responded. Is there anyone in
      town who can get them to write me?

      I am looking for information on John Frederick Pracht and Susanna
      Wagner. Both names appear in Broad Bay Pioneers for a brief time
      only. I believe that John Frederick joined the King's Rangers, a
      loyalist unit, along with other Waldoboro youngsters and, ultimately,
      ended up in Prince Edward Island (PEI) where they were given land
      grants. Other Waldoboro names that turn up in PEI are Eichhorn
      (Acorn), Dockendorf and others.

      Any information would be very much appreciated. It's been a long
      struggle to get any information on Waldoboro residents.

      Edward Kelley
      Los Altos, California
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic