A picture for id

  • colin_naughtymoose
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2012
      Hi. This week, at Stanford Wharf/Stanford Warren, in Essex, I saw a small (3-5mm) black bug. It had an inverted white/cream 'v' at the front/top of its body, and similar coloured marks at either side of the rear of the body. I managed to get an incredibly poor picture, which I've posted in the new album 'Colin's insects'.

      I've not managed to locate a similar insect in any of my reference books, so any id help would be greatly appreciated.

      Colin
    • Philippe Moniotte
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2012
        Hi Colin,
        It's a True Bug, family miridae, Liocoris tripustulatus

        Philippe