Re: [british_insects] Identification help please

  • Malcolm Ogilvie
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 9, 2011
      Field Guide to the Bumblebees of Great Britain and Ireland by Mike
      Edwards and Martin Jenner. Published by Ocelli, 2005.
      ISBN 0-9549713-0-2. £9.99.

      Note, however, that it doesn't include Bombus cryptorum, only separated
      from B. lucorum in 2005.

      Malcolm

      In message <15187.17806.qm@...>,
      naughtymoose@... writes
      >Hi Stuart,
      >
      >Thanks for that.
      >Not being particularly 'up' on bees, I wasn't sure if they were
      >enemies, having
      >a go at each other!
      >Can you suggest a good reference guide?
      >
      >Many thanks
      >
      > Colin 'naughtymoose' Brodie
      >

      >Save the whale; just don't forget all the other stuff!
      >

      >________________________________

      Malcolm Ogilvie, Isle of Islay
    • Brian Price
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 15, 2011
        Hi All

        The usual expert help required for these, photographed at The London Wetland Center yesterday:

        Pic 1 - Bee

        http://secalis.co.uk/Files/D1106_B003.jpg

        Pic 2 - Small Bee (or Hoverfly?)

        http://secalis.co.uk/Files/D1106_B031.jpg

        Pic 3 - is it possible to ID this small (10mm long) Mirid Bug?

        http://secalis.co.uk/Files/D1106_B072.jpg

        Many Thanks

        Brian Price

        www.secalis.co.uk

      • Peter Cureton
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 7, 2011
          Picture 3 is I think Common Green Capsid (Lygocoris pabulinus)

          Peter Cureton