Not technically an insect. Centipede ?

  • Gordon Jarvis
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hello

      I have uploaded three photos into Gordon's photos taken on 28/09 in North
      Kent:-

      They were taken 28/09 in North Kent

      I realise that technically it's not an insect but I'd be grateful for
      assistance to ID

      Thankyou

      Gordon

      --
      Gordon Jarvis
      Peasmarsh

    • Malcolm Storey
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
        Actually it is an insect - probably a beetle larva, (but just possibly a
        moth). Suggest posting it on the Beetles group.
        Malcolm

      • Gordon Jarvis
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
          Thanks Malcolm,

          I'm not a member of the beetles group

          Gordon

          2008/10/3 Malcolm Storey <malcolm.storey@...>

          > Actually it is an insect - probably a beetle larva, (but just possibly a
          > moth). Suggest posting it on the Beetles group.
          > Malcolm

          Gordon Jarvis
          Peasmarsh

        • Martin Harvey
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2008
            Gordon,

            I think this is the larva of the beetle Drilus flavescens. It's a
            nationally scarce species. I encountered a few times when I lived in
            Hampshire, and it is also listed as occurring in Kent. The larvae feed
            on snails.

            Martin

            Martin Harvey

            --- In british_insects@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Jarvis"
            <Gordon.Jarvis@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Malcolm,
            >
            > I'm not a member of the beetles group
            >
            > Gordon
            >
            > 2008/10/3 Malcolm Storey <malcolm.storey@...>
            >
            > > Actually it is an insect - probably a beetle larva, (but just
            possibly a
            > > moth). Suggest posting it on the Beetles group.
            > > Malcolm

          • Gordon Jarvis
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2008
              Thank you very much Martin. I'll keep my eye open in that area.

              Regards

              Gordon

              Gordon Jarvis
              Peasmarsh (VC14)