Pentatomidae Nymph

  • gordon1127
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
      I have uploaded a photo in Gordon's photos of what I believe to be a
      Pentataomidae Sp. Nymph. It was photographed in South East England in
      late Aug 06.

      With the exception of the colour it does appears similar to a
      Palomena prasina nymph(Green Shield Bug).

      Is this a colour variation of a Green shield nymph or another species ?

      Many thanks
      Gordon
    • Patrick Roper
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
        Gordon, I think it is a nymph of Dolycoris baccarum, the sloe bug.

        Patrick Roper

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
          Patrick,

          Thankyou for that. Although I have found adult Dolycoris baccarum before, I have never found a nymph.

          Regards
          Gordon Jarvis
          Peasmarsh

        • Patrick Roper
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
            Gordon,

            A good book for nymphs of shieldbugs and their allies (as well as adults) is
            Roger Hawkins (2003) ‘Shieldbugs of Surrey’.

            Patrick

            _____