A couple of beetle, one for ID please

  • Brian Stone
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
      I wonder if anyone would mind identifying this beetle please. It was in a 15W actinic light trap this morning along with an Ophion type ichneumon and a bunch of moths. The site is some mature gravel pits along the River Nene at Stibbington, NW Cambs.
      http://www.brian.stone.care4free.net/images/beetle_stib_apr_04.jpg

      This pic of a Green Tiger Beetle, taken at Old Sulehay Quarry in East Northants on 30 March, may also be of interest:
      http://www.brian.stone.care4free.net/images/green_tiger_beetle_mar_04.jpg

      Thanks very much.

      Brian Stone
    • Storey, M.W.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
        Brian Stone wrote:

        > I wonder if anyone would mind identifying this beetle please. It was in a 15W actinic light trap this morning along with an Ophion type ichneumon and a bunch of moths. The site is some mature gravel pits along the River Nene at Stibbington, NW Cambs.
        > http://www.brian.stone.care4free.net/images/beetle_stib_apr_04.jpg

        Nicrophorus humator (Black Sexton Beetle)
        Malcolm Storey