Daily Kos diary: "FCC to Ramrod Media Consolidation Through By Year End"

  • alanfordean
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2007
      This diary hit the Daily Kos recommended list yesterday:

      http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/10/5/174653/896

      From the diary:

      "There is an FCC public hearing in Seattle on November 2, so time to
      come out and show our power again. Write your Senators and Members of
      Congress AND the FCC commissioners and tell them that media
      consolidation is hurting the quality of information you get. If
      you're in Seattle or within a drive, plan to head up to the hearing on
      November 2 to voice your displeasure."

      Chairman Kevin J. Martin: KJMWEB@...
      Commissioner Michael J. Copps: Michael.Copps@...
      Commissioner Jonathan S. Adelstein: Jonathan.Adelstein@...
      Commissioner Deborah Taylor Tate: dtaylortateweb@...
      Commissioner Robert McDowell: Robert.McDowell@...

      If you write to them, be aware that Copps and Adelstein are the
      Democrats, and they defended us in 2003.

      I wrote a diary called "Little Miss Sunshine at the FCC Hearing" about
      our visit to the FCC hearing in Portland, Maine, which can give you an
      idea of what to expect:

      http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/7/15/173955/519

      I know that Fresno is not next door to Seattle, but perhaps you might
      be able to make it there, or know people in the area.

      By the way, we're making progress in Boston toward our goal of buying
      a radio station. Once we're settled, we'd like to turn more attention
      toward organizing progressive talk supporters nationally. There's been
      some discussion about that on the Columbus, OH board as well. If
      you're interested, please e-mail me offline.

      Alan