New words in Merriam-Webster dictionary

  • Jon Louis Mann
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7 10:06 AM
      > In particular, the new words include
      > "mondegreen", which I first heard
      > about in SF-related circles. (More filk than anything
      > else, and it was a
      > filker that brought this to my attention this morning.)
      > Julia

      also, the article mentions:

      John Morse, Merriam-Webster's president and publisher, said the cleverness of many Web-related terms makes them easy to grasp and gives them staying power. Webinar (an online meeting) is new, along with netroots (political grassroots activists who communicate online, especially in blogs).

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7 2:30 PM
        At 12:02 PM Monday 7/7/2008, Julia Thompson wrote:
        >http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/07/new.dictionary.words.ap/index.html
        >
        >In particular, the new words include "mondegreen", which I first heard
        >about in SF-related circles. (More filk than anything else, and it was a
        >filker that brought this to my attention this morning.)
        >
        >Maybe I'm actually going to buy the darn dictionary. :)

        I'm still looking for that bathroom on the right.

        . . . ronn! :)