Re: Global Warming

    Message 1 of 17 , May 6, 2008
      Ray wrote:

      > On May 5, 2008, at 8:58 AM, Mauro Diotallevi wrote:
      > >
      > > IAAMOAC is his original motto, at least seven years old (see
      > > http://www.davidbrin.com/parting.html but I think I remember him using
      > > it before that).
      >
      > He certainly did use it earlier than that. The earliest message I have
      > archived using IAAMOAC is from Feb 23 1997, strangely enough from DB
      > himself in a message he sent off-list. The oldest list message I have
      > using this is from March 30 1997 though I'm sure this would not be the
      > first time it was used on the list. Anyone have better archives than
      > my spotty ones?

      I found it mentioned in a post by Barbera Ott on January 2, 1997, but the
      way it was used, I'm sure it wasn't the first time either.

      Can you share what the off list message was about?

    • Ray Ludenia
      Message 2 of 17 , May 6, 2008
        On May 6, 2008, at 10:49 PM, Doug Pensinger wrote:

        > Ray wrote:
        >

        >> On May 5, 2008, at 8:58 AM, Mauro Diotallevi wrote:
        >>>
        >>> IAAMOAC is his original motto, at least seven years old (see
        >>> http://www.davidbrin.com/parting.html but I think I remember him
        >>> using
        >>> it before that).
        >>
        >> He certainly did use it earlier than that. The earliest message I
        >> have
        >> archived using IAAMOAC is from Feb 23 1997, strangely enough from DB
        >> himself in a message he sent off-list. The oldest list message I have
        >> using this is from March 30 1997 though I'm sure this would not be
        >> the
        >> first time it was used on the list. Anyone have better archives than
        >> my spotty ones?
        >>

        > I found it mentioned in a post by Barbera Ott on January 2, 1997,
        > but the
        > way it was used, I'm sure it wasn't the first time either.
        >
        > Can you share what the off list message was about?
        >
        > Doug
        > _______

        It was a very brief message about something I'd written criticising
        how he had responded to a couple of other peoples' posts. Can't see
        any harm in passing it on in it's entirety. (Except perhaps exposing
        his poor spelling!)

        On Feb 23, 1997, at 1:40 PM, d.brin wrote:

        > peeeeeeeeeeece! ;-)
        >
        > (and genuine respect)
        >
        > IAAMOAC
        >
        > --DB