Just one complaint about Forbidden Kingdom

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2008
      The moon. The frakkin' moon.

      By what they said in dialogue at one point, I figured it was waning. Then
      when we saw it on the screen, it was waxing.

      Do they need to hire someone who understands the phases of the moon there?

    • Alberto Vieira Ferreira Monteiro
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2008
        Julia Thompson wrote:

        > The moon. The frakkin' moon.
        >
        > By what they said in dialogue at one point, I figured it was waning. Then
        > when we saw it on the screen, it was waxing.
        >
        > Do they need to hire someone who understands the phases of the moon there?

        The idiocy of script writers spoiled the first time I saw Ladyhawke. When
        there was that riddle about "a day that is not a day, a night that is not a
        night", I yawned and thought "solar eclipse". But then they showed an
        almost-full moon, three days before that event, and I suddenly thought that
        it should be something else - maybe the SN 1054, the Crab Supernova. Of
        course, they decided to ignore science and put a trivial solar eclipse :-/