Re: Correlation v. causality (was Re: Poll finds more Americans believe in devil than Darwin)

    Message 1 of 69 , Dec 4, 2007
      On 4 Dec 2007, at 20:32, Charlie Bell wrote:

      > On 05/12/2007, at 4:56 AM, William T Goodall wrote:
      >>
      >> And people who think like that are dangerous to themselves and
      >> others.
      >> Hence religion is evil.
      >
      > I don't agree that religion is evil. It just opens a large door to
      > evil by fostering unquestioning obedience.

      But that's evil in itself!

      Dissenter Maru

      --
      William T Goodall
      Mail : wtg@...

      "There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant
      market share. No chance" - Steve Ballmer

      Message 69 of 69 , Dec 7, 2007
        On Dec 6, 2007 6:07 PM, jon louis mann <net_democracy@...> wrote:

        > guided research and quantum computer modeling, we may be approaching the
        > trans human singularity.
        > ayn rand believed the masses of humanity were morons and would return to
        > bestiality if not for the altruism of the elite who were kind enough to
        > harness their labor so we plebians could reap the benefits of civilization.

        They would abandon adultery for bestiality, I suppose.

        (I'm sure you meant "beastliness" or similar)

        Nick Arnett
        narnett@...
        Messages: 408-904-7198