Re: brin: looking for Mark Hillard

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
      On Nov 6, 2007, at 2:44 PM, Nick Arnett wrote:

      > On 11/6/07, d.brin <dbrin@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> BTW... anyone want to order a copy of my History Channel show - "The
      >> ArchiTechs" ? "Five geniuses are challenged: Design better
      >> safety/rescue systems for skyscrapers... in 48 hours!"
      >
      > Will it ever be available from Netflix, do you think?

      Seems unlikely:

      At the bottom of the page advertising the DVD on A&E's site:

      This DVD is one of the many titles in our DVD Library and is created in
      the DVD+R format. This disc does not feature menu pages or special
      features like standard DVDs, simply the high quality programming you've
      come to expect from us.

      It appears that they offer some of their lower-volume programs in this
      format. From a "click here for more information" link on the page, I
      gather that it is an alternative to VHS: higher quality, cheaper to
      produce on a low-volume basis. I don't think such DVDs generally end
      up on Netflix.