so. cal. fires

  • jon louis mann
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 22, 2007
      i just finished watching one of the most beautiful sunsets of the year.
      here at the beach in santa monica it is calm and peaceful. some of my
      friends are not so lucky. 250,000 acres so far and 250, 000 evacuees.
      two old friends for forty years had to abandon their eco-home in the
      malibu hills. their daughter, who i used to bounce on my knee, had to
      evacuate their terrified horses and pets in topanga canyon. my son's
      cousins, aunt and grandparents all had to leave their home in poway.
      another friend in san bernadino hasn't answered my calls. the hills
      are on fire and i can smell the ashes. i hope david doesn't lose his home