bikes v. cars

  • jon louis mann
    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 3, 2007
      Like everyone else"? A majority of people in motor vehicles speed.
      Cyclists who do flaunt road rules, flaunt different road rules to car
      drivers, but they're still a minority of cyclists.

      Try riding a bicycle as a vehicle for a few days, and you'll see how
      dangerous a few motorists can be. I've been hit by cars twice this
      year (neither time my fault - first time a car turned into a parking
      space across a bike lane without signalling when I was alongside,
      second time a car reversed into me when I was stopped waiting for him
      to reverse...).

      Yes, cyclists who break the rules piss me off too, as they make it
      harder for the law-abiding ones, but don't make out that "everyone
      else" obeys the rules and only cyclists infringe. That's simply
      bollocks. A look at the Wheels of Justice website will soon show you
      that...

      Charlie

      i ride a bike and drive so i can see both sides. i am of the opinion that both groups exhibit extremely hostile and discourteous behavior, at least in los angeles. pedestrians are not much better. i would think anyone ambulating by feet or bike would take more care because they are far more vulnerable. i notice a lot of bicyclists exhibit their share the road attitude by riding double and forcing cars to match their speed if they can not pass. i notice a lot of drivers open their doors without checking to see if a bicylist is approaching.
      so it goes...
      "think of it as evolution in action..."
      jon

      Knowledge is Power

      Message 53 of 53 , Oct 12, 2007
        On 13/10/2007, at 11:59 AM, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:

        >> I was being ironic.
        >

        > Me, too! Don't stop now!

        LOL Fair enough. Bit of a sense of humour failure last night - lost
        my pannier with wallet, housekeys, work pass, work blackberry, mobile
        phone... fortunately it was handed in to the cops and i got it back.

        Charlie.
        Vomiting Through Unpleasant Shocks Maru