Re: Hybrid Cars: An unexpected complaint

    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 3, 2007
      At 09:04 AM Wednesday 10/3/2007, Julia Thompson wrote:

      >On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Charlie Bell wrote:
      >

      > > On 03/10/2007, at 10:23 PM, Jim Sharkey wrote:
      > >

      > >> Apparently, they're too quiet:
      > >> http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt_top.jsp?news_id=ap-d8s1n79o0&
      > >>
      > >> The National Federation for the Blind is complaining that when the
      > >> cars are running on solely electricity, blind people cannot hear them
      > >> and it could be dangerous as they cross the street.
      > >
      > > ...oh no - ban bicycles too. Or possibly, blind people should cross
      > > at pedestrian crossings with audible Walk signals...
      > >
      > > Charlie.
      >
      >Yes on the audible walk signals, and if those were common everywhere, that
      >would be great. Unfortunately, in Austin, you can't find any of those
      >unless you're within a mile of the State School for the Blind. :P

      Have local mockingbirds* learned to imitate the sounds?

      _____
      *or self-appointed comedians

      Message 53 of 53 , Oct 12, 2007
        On 13/10/2007, at 11:59 AM, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:

        >> I was being ironic.
        >

        > Me, too! Don't stop now!

        LOL Fair enough. Bit of a sense of humour failure last night - lost
        my pannier with wallet, housekeys, work pass, work blackberry, mobile
        phone... fortunately it was handed in to the cops and i got it back.

        Charlie.
        Vomiting Through Unpleasant Shocks Maru