Re: Hybrid Cars: An unexpected complaint

    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 3, 2007
      At 07:23 AM Wednesday 10/3/2007, Jim Sharkey wrote:

      >Apparently, they're too quiet:
      >http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt_top.jsp?news_id=ap-d8s1n79o0&
      >
      >The National Federation for the Blind is complaining that when the
      >cars are running on solely electricity, blind people cannot hear them
      >and it could be dangerous as they cross the street.
      >
      >I'm not sure what they want to do about this.

      Equip them with a version of those noisemakers that you attach to
      your bumper that supposedly warn deer>

      >I just can't see
      >manufacturers going back to the drawing board to make their cars
      >louder to satisfy less than 0.5% of the population.
      >
      >Jim
      >NBF has a big sign on their building you can see from I-95. Who's it
      >for? Maru

      Is it in Braille?

      Message 53 of 53 , Oct 12, 2007
        On 13/10/2007, at 11:59 AM, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:

        >> I was being ironic.
        >

        > Me, too! Don't stop now!

        LOL Fair enough. Bit of a sense of humour failure last night - lost
        my pannier with wallet, housekeys, work pass, work blackberry, mobile
        phone... fortunately it was handed in to the cops and i got it back.

        Charlie.
        Vomiting Through Unpleasant Shocks Maru