Re: Hybrid Cars: An unexpected complaint

    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 3, 2007
      On 03/10/2007, at 10:23 PM, Jim Sharkey wrote:

      > Apparently, they're too quiet:
      > http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt_top.jsp?news_id=ap-d8s1n79o0&
      >
      > The National Federation for the Blind is complaining that when the
      > cars are running on solely electricity, blind people cannot hear them
      > and it could be dangerous as they cross the street.

      ...oh no - ban bicycles too. Or possibly, blind people should cross
      at pedestrian crossings with audible Walk signals...

      Charlie.
      Message 53 of 53 , Oct 12, 2007
        On 13/10/2007, at 11:59 AM, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:

        >> I was being ironic.
        >

        > Me, too! Don't stop now!

        LOL Fair enough. Bit of a sense of humour failure last night - lost
        my pannier with wallet, housekeys, work pass, work blackberry, mobile
        phone... fortunately it was handed in to the cops and i got it back.

        Charlie.
        Vomiting Through Unpleasant Shocks Maru