Hybrid Cars: An unexpected complaint

  • Jim Sharkey
    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 3, 2007
      Apparently, they're too quiet:
      http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt_top.jsp?news_id=ap-d8s1n79o0&

      The National Federation for the Blind is complaining that when the
      cars are running on solely electricity, blind people cannot hear them
      and it could be dangerous as they cross the street.

      I'm not sure what they want to do about this. I just can't see
      manufacturers going back to the drawing board to make their cars
      louder to satisfy less than 0.5% of the population.

      Jim
      NBF has a big sign on their building you can see from I-95. Who's it
      for? Maru

      Message 53 of 53 , Oct 12, 2007
        On 13/10/2007, at 11:59 AM, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:

        >> I was being ironic.
        >

        > Me, too! Don't stop now!

        LOL Fair enough. Bit of a sense of humour failure last night - lost
        my pannier with wallet, housekeys, work pass, work blackberry, mobile
        phone... fortunately it was handed in to the cops and i got it back.

        Charlie.
        Vomiting Through Unpleasant Shocks Maru