Re: Cat free London?

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
      On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Alberto Monteiro wrote:

      > Julia Thompson wrote:
      >>
      >> But what about the Cat Who Went To Heaven?
      >>
      > Is this another version of the joke about "The Lawyer Who Went To Heaven"
      > or "The Engineer Who Went To Hell"?

      No, it's a book that won the Newbery Medal.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbery_Medal

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
        At 11:30 AM Tuesday 10/2/2007, Nick Arnett wrote:
        >Every time I see this subject, I think "What about dogs?"
        >
        >Of course, I'm seeing something that isn't there... Hardly the first time,
        >either.
        >
        >Nick

        How long since your last eye exam/new pair of glasses, Nick? 8-)

        (As an interim fix, perhaps you could increase the default font size
        in your e-mail program . . . :P)

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
          At 12:36 PM Tuesday 10/2/2007, Mauro Diotallevi wrote:
          >On 10/2/07, Nick Arnett <narnett@...> wrote:
          > > Every time I see this subject, I think "What about dogs?"
          >
          >All dogs go to heaven.

          If they insist on chasing cars*, sometimes sooner than later . . .

          _____
          *Or in Florida, licking toads . . .

          Dog-gone Maru :(

        • Deborah Harrell
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 4, 2007
            > Julia Thompson <degges@...> wrote:
            > > On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Alberto Monteiro wrote:
            > >> Julia Thompson wrote:

            > >> But what about the Cat Who Went To Heaven?

            > > Is this another version of the joke about "The
            > Lawyer Who Went To Heaven"
            > > or "The Engineer Who Went To Hell"?
            >
            > No, it's a book that won the Newbery Medal.
            > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbery_Medal

            I read that book in 6th grade (I'd gone through all
            the horse and dog stories in the school library);
            cried my eyes out. Redemption is always possible.

            Then I read Andre Norton's _Breed To Come_, and the
            rest is my literary history...

            By the by, this was another favorite of mine from the
            Newbery List:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_the_Mixed-Up_Files_of_Mrs._Basil_E._Frankweiler
            This book tells the story of Claudia Kincaid, a
            precocious 12-year-old girl who feels underappreciated
            by her parents. She decides to run away from home just
            long enough to show her family what they would be
            missing without her. Unfortunately, she doesn't enjoy
            hardship or discomfort, which makes traditional
            running away problematic. To solve this problem,
            Claudia decides to stay at the Metropolitan Museum of
            Art in New York City. She persuades her younger
            brother Jamie to accompany her: he's quiet, but most
            importantly, he has a secret stash of cash he's
            accumulated by cheating at card games with his best
            friend, Bruce...

            Debbi
            And Of Course King Of The Wind! Maru
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Wind

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 4, 2007
              At 03:08 PM Thursday 10/4/2007, Deborah Harrell wrote:

              >And Of Course King Of The Wind!

              I've heard that Beano can help with that . . .

            • Deborah Harrell
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
                > Ronn! Blankenship wrote:
                > > 10/4/2007, Deborah Harrell wrote:

                > >And Of Course King Of The Wind!

                > I've heard that Beano can help with that . . .

                <rolls eyes>
                Do you have any idea *how much* Beano it'd take to cut
                down on an equid's flatulence?! (Well, actually, I
                don't think they'd survive the experience, since their
                guts are essentially big bags of fermenting...stuff.
                <evil grin>)

                Debbi
                It Lives! Maru