Re: Frederick Douglass - July 4, 1852

  • Robert Seeberger
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 4, 2007
      From: "Julia Thompson" <julia@...>
      To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@...>
      Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 10:31 PM
      Subject: Re: Frederick Douglass - July 4, 1852

      > Robert Seeberger wrote:

      >>> Flagpole, and
      >>> it's a house, not a trailer. Very nice house, from the
      >>> outside. :P (And I think we have the crappiest vehicles parked
      >>> in
      >>> the
      >>> driveway for the whole neighborhood, and our oldest is a '94.
      >>> )
      >>>
      >> So much for jokes
      >> played on cracker tropes.
      >>

      >> xponent
      >> Crackers Of Affluence Maru
      >> rob
      >
      > Yeah, and they're not even next to the creek. *g*

      OH! It's a long lope on a cold morning for breakfast crawdads.<G>

      > My mind was positively boggled when I saw it. And my hopes that I
      > was
      > hallucinating were dashed when Dan pointed it out.

      I'm probably inclined to defend someone's right to fly the stars and
      bars, but it is the wrong day, and I always cringe when I see some
      redneck in a pickup with old connie plastered across his back
      windshield anyway.
      There a place for Southern Pride, but it aint on 7/4.

      xponent
      The Rednekkid Lunch Maru

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 5, 2007
        At 11:27 PM Wednesday 7/4/2007, Robert Seeberger wrote:
> [...]

        I kept waiting for someone to ask why I didn't catch that 'possum I
        reported seeing in the yard early the other morning for breakfast . . .

        > > My mind was positively boggled when I saw it. And my hopes that I
        > > was
        > > hallucinating were dashed when Dan pointed it out.
        > >
        >I'm probably inclined to defend someone's right to fly the stars and
        >bars, but it is the wrong day, and I always cringe when I see some
        >redneck in a pickup with old connie plastered across his back
        >windshield anyway.
        >There a place for Southern Pride

        And that is still all that some people mean when they fly
        it. (Although you may think it is hard for them to be unaware of the
        meanings others place on it.)

        >, but it aint on 7/4.

        I take it then that Julia's neighbor does not fly it every day.

        Maybe His In-Laws Had Arrived For A Visit From Yankeeland Maru

      • jon louis mann
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 5, 2007
          I kept waiting for someone to ask why I didn't catch that 'possum I
          reported seeing in the yard early the other morning for breakfast.
          -- Ronn! :)

          okay, i'll bite, why not? they're easy to kill when they play possum.
          these vermin have adapted to the urban environment and they breed like
          rodents. other animal species have also adapted, and some domestic
          species have gone feral. in bali indonesia the rat population feeds a
          large canine population, who in turn provide sustenance for the
          millions of humans crowded on bali. i had some delicious bami goreng
          when i was there...
          -- jon ;{