RE: Mama cat . . .

  • Horn, John
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2 11:03 AM
      > On Behalf Of Ronn! Blankenship
      >
      > Study Traces Cat's Ancestry to Middle East

      When this was posted on CNN.COM, the headline was "House Cat Ancestor Of
      Middle Eastern Wildcat".

      That's quite a trick.

      They have since changed it.

      - jmh

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
    • Robert Seeberger
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2 2:10 PM
        >> Study Traces Cat's Ancestry to Middle East
        >
        > When this was posted on CNN.COM, the headline was "House Cat
        > Ancestor Of
        > Middle Eastern Wildcat".
        >
        > That's quite a trick.
        >
        > They have since changed it.

        Sure! But is Horza a Git?

        xponent
        It's A Parallel Universe After All Maru

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2 2:24 PM

          ___
          Horza's state can best be described as |git> + |git>
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2 2:58 PM
            Try it again:

            . ___
            . Horza's state can best be described as |git> + |git>
            . ______________
            . sqrt(2)
            .

          • Alberto Vieira Ferreira Monteiro
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 2 3:13 PM
              Dan Minette wrote:

              > Try it again:
              >
              > . ___
              > . Horza's state can best be described as |git> + |git>
              > . ______________
              > . sqrt(2)
              > .

              The joke was lost in the way e-mail handles text :-(

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 2 4:11 PM
                At 05:13 PM Monday 7/2/2007, Alberto Vieira Ferreira Monteiro wrote:
                >Dan Minette wrote:
                > >
                > > Try it again:
                > >
                > > . ___
                > > . Horza's state can best be described as |git> + |git>
                > > . ______________
                > > . sqrt(2)
                > > .
                > >
                >The joke was lost in the way e-mail handles text :-(
                >
                >Alberto Monteiro

                I suppose we could revisit the discussion about horses and <z|s . . .

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 2 11:22 PM
                  At 01:03 PM Monday 7/2/2007, Horn, John wrote:
                  > > On Behalf Of Ronn! Blankenship
                  > >
                  > > Study Traces Cat's Ancestry to Middle East
                  >
                  >When this was posted on CNN.COM, the headline was "House Cat Ancestor Of
                  >Middle Eastern Wildcat".
                  >
                  >That's quite a trick.

                  Sounds like a story Heinlein might have written: time-traveling
                  house cats who become their own great-great-great-. . .
                  -grandparents. Or maybe what happened to the real Pixel was to get
                  sucked through a wormhole?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 2 11:26 PM
                    At 04:24 PM Monday 7/2/2007, Dan Minette wrote:

> [...]

                    So Horza may or may not be a git but at least he (?) is normalized,
                    which is I suppose better than being abnormal on top of being a git . . .