Brin listee not smarter than a 5th grader (blush)

  • PAT MATHEWS
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2007
      Yup. I watch "Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader" and write down my own
      answers just for fun. And I missed a question onthat anyone who has read
      "Startide Rising" should have been able to ace.

      "An orca, often called a killer whale, is a species of dolphin. True? Or
      False?"

      Well, as the Streaker's crew could tell you, the answer is True. And is my
      face red!

      Pat

      http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/

    • Alberto Vieira Ferreira Monteiro
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 24, 2007
        PAT MATHEWS wrote:

        > Yup. I watch "Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader" and write down my own
        > answers just for fun. And I missed a question onthat anyone who has read
        > "Startide Rising" should have been able to ace.
        >
        > "An orca, often called a killer whale, is a species of dolphin. True? Or
        > False?"
        >
        > Well, as the Streaker's crew could tell you, the answer is True. And is my
        > face red!

        Except that K'tha-Jon does not have Orca genes, he has "Feresa attenuata"
        genes, which is a species of dolphin called the _pigmy killer whale_. The
        text is careful not to assign any ex-cathedra attribution of orcaness to him.