Sputnik, my cat.

  • Warren Ockrassa
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
      My kitty.

      My purry grey kitty.

      http://indigestible.nightwares.com/2007/03/02/sputnik/

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2007
        Almost two decades -- wow. It's hard to let go. I used to have cats... now
        we have a dog the size of a large cat. He's different, but we'd sure miss
        him, too, if anything happened.

        Thanks for sharing this with us.

        Nick

        On 3/2/07, Warren Ockrassa <warren@...> wrote:

        > My kitty.
        >
        > My purry grey kitty.
        >
        > http://indigestible.nightwares.com/2007/03/02/sputnik/

        Nick Arnett
        narnett@...
        Messages: 408-904-7198
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2007
          Warren Ockrassa wrote:
          > My kitty.
          >
          > My purry grey kitty.
          >
          > http://indigestible.nightwares.com/2007/03/02/sputnik/

          I'm sorry.

          I'm glad he had you for as long as he did.

        • Robert Seeberger
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 3, 2007
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 3, 2007
              On 3 Mar 2007, at 23:15, Robert Seeberger wrote:

> [...]

              That's why we have pet insurance for Ceanna.

              "Cover for cats and dogs from 2 months old
              We cover your pet for the full duration of the treatment up to £7,000
              per year as long as you keep your policy renewed, subject to your
              policy excess
              Choose to have no policy excess for pets by paying a small additional
              premium
              Benefits up to:
              £750 for complementary treatments
              £2m third party liability
              £1,500 for accidental death
              £1,000 for death by illness
              £1,500 theft or straying
              £1,000 for advertising costs
              £500 reward costs
              £750 for emergency kennels or cattery fees
              £2,500 holiday cancellation
              Free pet travel cover
              Free Helplines"

              So we never need to worry about the costs if she should be ill. And
              its only about £100 ($200) a year.

              --
              William T Goodall
              Mail : wtg@...

              "You are coming to a sad realization. Cancel or Allow?"

            • Robert Seeberger
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3, 2007
                On 3 Mar 2007, at 23:15, Robert Seeberger wrote:

                We have insurance but it is only through the particular Vet we use.
                The costs came up because Angus needed 24 hour care our Vet could not
                provide and he needed urgent emergency care. This was the first time I
                had personally ever seen a pet of any kind sedated and with an IV. For
                a couple of days he had an IV feeding drugs and liquids in and a
                catheter draining his bladder of bloody urine.

                About $400 of the costs were the pet hospital where we were completely
                uncovered and $125 or so above the coverage at our Vet. Without the
                insurance this would have cost us a good deal more.
                I think we are paying $20 a month or so and what you are getting
                sounds really good, but I don't know that similar rates for insurance
                are available here. I've seen a couple of plans that were
                substantially more costly, but i don't know what the average rates are
                for pet insurance.
                http://www.banfield.net/health/owp_adults.asp
                Of course they don't show prices. When my wife comes home from work
                I'll ask her "what the deal?"

                xponent
                Angus Young Maru
                rob
              • Deborah Harrell
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
                  > Warren Ockrassa <warren@...> wrote:

                  > My purry grey kitty.

                  http://indigestible.nightwares.com/2007/03/02/sputnik/

                  What a handsome old fellow; isn't it amazing how they
                  invent games with us, and even let us win at times?
                  (Pilikia's was "_my_ paw's on top!")

                  Sending good thoughts your way-

                  Debbi
                  Since You Won't Let Me Sleep On Top Of That Warm
                  Machine, I'll Just Coil Up Your Head Maru