Re: How I would change the U.N.

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
      On 3 Feb 2007, at 23:23, David Hobby wrote:

      > Doug wrote:
      >> Just off the top of my head:
      >>

      > And if I were an evil dictator, I'd:
      >
      >> I'd add another legislative body that consisted of elected
      >> representatives from each country.
      >
      > Make sure my henchmen won the elections in my country.
      >
      >> I'd give it the ability to tax international commerce to fund itself.
      >
      > Let you go ahead with that. I do lots of off-the-books smuggling,
      > anyway.
      >
      >> I'd allow it to accept volunteers for its peacekeeping force that
      >> would then owe allegiance to no single nation.
      >
      > The volunteers from my country would need to send money home
      > to support the families that stayed behind. I wouldn't even
      > have to point out that "accidents do happen", my reputation
      > would make that clear.

      Nice cerise uniforms with lots of braid. And pointy hats with
      horsehair plumes. And funny marching.

      --
      William T Goodall
      Mail : wtg@...

      "The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a 'mouse.'
      There is no evidence that people want to use these things."
      -John C. Dvorak, SF Examiner, Feb. 1984.