Pratchett (was Re: The Gospel Of Judas)

  • Jim Sharkey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2006
      Max Battcher wrote:
      >Jim Sharkey wrote:
      >Pratchett also relies on his fans to keep all his continuity ducks
      >in a row, and he still can't always manage it either. :)
      >I personally love how he managed to blame it on his own characters
      >in Thief of Time. How can he be expected to keep continuity when
      >his characters keep messing with the timeline? :)

      It's always nice to be able to write your own "Get out of continuity
      free" card. I like that unlike some authors he at least tries to
      make slow changes to his characters, rather than pull the old
      "everything you know is wrong" crap, or worse yet violating the terms
      and conditions of his own world.

      ALthough I guess you could argue there really aren't any, other than
      the power of the narrative. (See GURPS Discworld for details)

      Jim