Re: Delay steps down

  • Robert G. Seeberger
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2006
      On 4/3/2006 11:09:31 PM, Julia Thompson (julia@...) wrote:
      > Robert G. Seeberger wrote:
      > > The news seems to be that Tom Delay is dropping out of the race
      > > for
      > > Congressional re-election.
      > > Having been recently absorbed into his collective
      > I'm breathing a sigh
      > > of relief.
      > >

      > > xponent
      > > Politics Today Maru
      > > rob
      >
      > Got a link?

      http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/04/delay.election/index.html

      Just a month after easily winning a contested primary for his House
      seat in suburban Houston, embattled Rep. Tom DeLay has decided to drop
      out of his re-election race and plans to resign from Congress by the
      end of May.

      xponent
      Happy Happy Joy Joy Maru

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4, 2006
        Robert G. Seeberger wrote:
        > On 4/3/2006 11:09:31 PM, Julia Thompson (julia@...) wrote:
        >
        >>Robert G. Seeberger wrote:
        >>
        >>>The news seems to be that Tom Delay is dropping out of the race
        >>>for
        >>>Congressional re-election.
        >>>Having been recently absorbed into his collective
        >>
        >>I'm breathing a sigh
        >>
        >>>of relief.
        >>>

        >>>xponent
        >>>Politics Today Maru
        >>>rob
        >>
        >>Got a link?
        >>

        > http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/04/delay.election/index.html
        >
        > Just a month after easily winning a contested primary for his House
        > seat in suburban Houston, embattled Rep. Tom DeLay has decided to drop
        > out of his re-election race and plans to resign from Congress by the
        > end of May.

        Thank you, Rob, and thank you, Ronn!, for the info in the post just
        previous to Rob's (at least, in my inbox here).

        Julia

        and it was on the front page of my paper -- large photo and all, UGH!

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4, 2006
          At 10:24 AM Tuesday 4/4/2006, Julia Thompson wrote:
          >Robert G. Seeberger wrote:

          >>>I'm breathing a sigh

          >>>Got a link?
          >>http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/04/delay.election/index.html
          >>Just a month after easily winning a contested primary for his House
          >>seat in suburban Houston, embattled Rep. Tom DeLay has decided to
          >>drop out of his re-election race and plans to resign from Congress
          >>by the end of May.
          >
          >Thank you, Rob, and thank you, Ronn!, for the info in the post just
          >previous to Rob's (at least, in my inbox here).
          >
          > Julia
          >
          >and it was on the front page of my paper -- large photo and all, UGH!

          Didn't you need a new dart board? Or to train a new puppy?

          --Ronn! :)

          "Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country
          and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance... UNDER
          GOD. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer and that
          would be eliminated from schools too?"
          -- Red Skelton

          (Someone asked me to change my .sig quote back, so I did.)

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4, 2006
            Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
            > At 10:24 AM Tuesday 4/4/2006, Julia Thompson wrote:
            >
            >> Robert G. Seeberger wrote:

            >>> http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/04/delay.election/index.html
            >>> Just a month after easily winning a contested primary for his House
            >>> seat in suburban Houston, embattled Rep. Tom DeLay has decided to
            >>> drop out of his re-election race and plans to resign from Congress by
            >>> the end of May.
            >>

            >> Thank you, Rob, and thank you, Ronn!, for the info in the post just
            >> previous to Rob's (at least, in my inbox here).
            >>
            >> Julia
            >>
            >> and it was on the front page of my paper -- large photo and all, UGH!
            >

            > Didn't you need a new dart board? Or to train a new puppy?

            Don't have darts, but if we're going to Academy in a bit to look at
            tents, I can add that to the list.

            I think I've got a decent space of wall for that sort of thing. Stand
            behind the child gate and throw the dart.

          • Deborah Harrell
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 7, 2006
              Having grinned at proper usage of Delay's visage for
              dart practice or for being shat upon, I expected the
              next email, "Tom has left us," to be more of the same.
              Instead, it announced the death of a horse-friend's
              husband. We knew he was going to die; colon cancer
              can be terribly aggressive, even when treated
              maximally. But - he was only 41yo.

              Debbi
              Bells Tolling Maru