Re: ABCnews: Pack of vicious dogs attack officer. :-)

  • Kanandarqu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
      I saw the smiley and this is an old topic near and dear to my heart that
      most of you have heard, but this is case in point. "Vicious dogs" often
      come from owners who don't teach them manners/discipline, etc. The
      difference between little and big dogs is the size of the bite- more people
      think a "nippy" lap dog is "ok", but a "nippy" rottweiller brings a whole
      different image. I don't have the stats, but most bites come from
      small dogs (but aren't reported "since they didn't really do any damage")
      or the "family dogs" (because by number dogs like shepards and
      retrievers outnumber other dogs). Glad the guy is detained, with
      "bite laws" in many places there should have been some consequences.

      Dee

      Maybe these vicious dogs should go to the top of the list of dangerous
      animals, right alongside Pit Bulls..... The Police Officer showed great
      restraint by not using his sidearm to defend himself against this violent,
      unprovoked attack. Maybe Fremont California is really, really short of
      true newsworthy material?

      Gary :-)

      PS - Happy New Year!

      Pack of Angry Chihuahuas Attack Officer

      Pack of Angry Chihuahuas Attack Police Officer After Escaping Their
      California Home

      The Associated Press

      FREMONT, Calif. - A pack of angry Chihuahuas attacked a police officer who
      was escorting a teenager home after a traffic stop, authorities said.

      The officer suffered minor injuries, including bites to his ankle, Detective
      Bill Veteran said.

      The five Chihuahuas escaped the 17-year-old boy's home and rushed the
      officer in the doorway Thursday, authorities said. The teenager had been
      detained after the traffic incident.

      The officer was treated at a hospital and returned to work less than two
      hours later.

      Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may
      not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

      Copyright C 2006 ABC News Internet Ventures

      http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1456272