Fascist Catholic Censorship Speads to Viacom and Comedy Central

  • The Fool
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2005
      <<http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=157615>>

      "South Park" Parked by Complaints

      By Sarah Hall

      Did Comedy Central grant the Catholic League its Christmas wish?

      Following the Dec. 7 season finale of South Park, titled "Bloody Mary,"
      the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights slammed the network
      for its irreverent portrayal of church icons and sought to block the
      episode from being rebroadcast.

      It appears the group may have met with success. A repeat of the finale
      was scheduled to air Wednesday night, but was pulled from the Comedy
      Central lineup without explanation.

      ------
      Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved
      innocent
      --Robert A. Heinlein
    • Michael Harney
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2005
        The Fool wrote:

        ><<http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=157615>>
        >
        >"South Park" Parked by Complaints
        >
        >By Sarah Hall
        >
        >Did Comedy Central grant the Catholic League its Christmas wish?
        >
        >Following the Dec. 7 season finale of South Park, titled "Bloody Mary,"
        >the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights slammed the network
        >for its irreverent portrayal of church icons and sought to block the
        >episode from being rebroadcast.
        >
        >It appears the group may have met with success. A repeat of the finale
        >was scheduled to air Wednesday night, but was pulled from the Comedy
        >Central lineup without explanation.

        Ha! Silly oversensitive Catholics. Other religious groups have been
        hit harder than that by South Park. Mormons and Scientologists
        immediately come to mind (I bet Catholics got a good laugh out of those
        two episodes). The makers of South Park said it, they are out to offend
        and make fun of absolutely everyone.

        Michael Harney
        dolphin@...
      • Jim Sharkey
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2 8:06 AM
          Michael Harney wrote:
          >The Fool wrote:
          >>"South Park" Parked by Complaints
          >>
          >>By Sarah Hall
          >>
          >>Did Comedy Central grant the Catholic League its Christmas wish?

          >Other religious groups have been hit harder than that by South
          >Park. Mormons and Scientologists immediately come to mind.

          "Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet!" I didn't see the Catholic
          episode, but the Scientology episode was fantastic.

          Jim