Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid.

  • Michael Harney
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2005
      I'm back.

      Worry not. I'm here only as a distraction. Merely an escape to fill my
      time until the Spring semester begins or I get a job, whichever comes
      first. If the load isn't as heavy as I remember it, I may stay on
      digest mode after. I'll probably spark a discussion in a day or two,
      but I just wanted to say hello for now.

      Michael Harney
      dolphin@...

      Random witticism: There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those that
      understand binary; and those that don't.
    • God
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2005

        Hello to you too, Michael.

        No comments on the load here, but the atmosphere on this list appears to
        have improved over the last few months. Officially, I can't pinpoint the
        reason for this improvement, but unofficially I suspect a direct
        relationship between the improvement of list atmosphere and the fact that we
        haven't heard from neither John Giorgis nor Erik Reuter in that same time
        frame...

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2005
          Hey, Michael, welcome back! Where are you going to school?

          Doug

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 31, 2005
            Doug Pensinger wrote:

            > Hey, Michael, welcome back! Where are you going to school?
            >
            > Doug

            I'm attending the University of Texas at El Paso. I got my B.S. degree
            in Biology there. I'm going back to try to get a Master's in Computer
            Science.

            Michael Harney
            dolphin@...
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
              On Dec 31, 2005, at 8:25 AM, "God" wrote:

              > No comments on the load here, but the atmosphere on this list
              > appears to
              > have improved over the last few months. Officially, I can't
              > pinpoint the
              > reason for this improvement, but unofficially I suspect a direct
              > relationship between the improvement of list atmosphere and the
              > fact that we
              > haven't heard from neither John Giorgis nor Erik Reuter in that
              > same time
              > frame...

              I share with you the observation that the tone of the list has
              brightened considerably over the past few months, but I differ with
              you as to the cause -- I think it has been the pleasant absence of
              personal attacks.

              Happy New Year,