Re: The Ultimate in Christmas lights

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
      At 11:50 PM Wednesday 11/30/2005, Robert G. Seeberger wrote:
      >http://www.metacafe.com/watch/45390/wizards_of_winter/
      >
      >This is awesome!
      >
      >This guy has his Christmas lights controlled by computer and set to
      >music......TrasSiberianOrchestra's Wizards Of Winter. He also
      >broadcasts the music over low power FM so it can be heard on car
      >radios for about a block.

      I broadcast my music over large loudspeakers so people can hear it
      about a block away even if their car windows are rolled up and their
      car radios are set to another station . . .

      --Ronn! :)

      "Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country
      and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance... UNDER
      GOD. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer and that
      would be eliminated from schools too?"
      -- Red Skelton

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
        >From: Ronn!Blankenship <ronn_blankenship@...>
        >
        >At 11:50 PM Wednesday 11/30/2005, Robert G. Seeberger wrote:
        >>http://www.metacafe.com/watch/45390/wizards_of_winter/
        >>
        >>This is awesome!
        >>
        >>This guy has his Christmas lights controlled by computer and set to
        >>music......TrasSiberianOrchestra's Wizards Of Winter. He also
        >>broadcasts the music over low power FM so it can be heard on car
        >>radios for about a block.
        >

        >I broadcast my music over large loudspeakers so people can hear it about a
        >block away even if their car windows are rolled up and their car radios are
        >set to another station . . .
        >

        >-In Albuquerque, that would get you a ticket. Wait a minute --- let me turn
        >up my Wagner CD full blast --- kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit....

        Pat

      • Gary Nunn
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2005
          >This guy has his Christmas lights controlled by computer and
          >set to music......TrasSiberianOrchestra's Wizards Of Winter.
          >He also broadcasts the music over low power FM so it can be
          >heard on car radios for about a block.

          Turns out, this was only an hour away from me, and now I can't go :-(

          By Richard Wilson
          Cox News Service

          Wednesday, December 07, 2005

          DEERFIELD TWP. - Sheriff's deputies asked the owner who lit up his house
          with 25,000 Christmas lights synched to music to turn off the display after
          a traffic accident Tuesday night.

          Deerfield Twp. resident Carson Williams agreed to shut down his holiday
          decorations indefinitely.

          Williams told a Cincinnati television station that sheriff's deputies could
          not reach the traffic accident because of the traffic lined up in his
          neighborhood.

          The display caught attention across the nation on network TV and on the
          Internet because the lights on the Williams house and filling their yard are
          synchronized by computer with music broadcast to car radios. There are three
          songs in the 12-minute display: Frosty the Snowman by the Jackson 5; God
          Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood and Wizards of Winter by the Trans-Siberian
          Orchestra.

          Williams turned his display on the week of Thanksgiving and motorists have
          lined up between 6 and 10 p.m. ever since.

          For the time being, the only place to view the Williams' display will be
          online.

          "He told us if we start having traffic problems that he would shut the
          display down for a while," Warren County sheriff's Lt. Ed Petrey said
          Wednesday morning.

          Two cars collided in a minor accident at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday on Simpson Creek
          Drive, which leads to Winding Creek Court, where the Williams live near
          Mason in southern Warren County. No one was injured.

          Williams is an electrical engineer who said his family spent about $10,000
          on the display. He had promised his neighbors they would shut it down if
          there were problems.

          "If I get a single complaint I'll shut it down," Carson had said Monday
          night.

          He could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

          http://tinyurl.com/cqgvx