RE: Battlestar Galactica renewed

  • Nick Lidster
    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 27, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: brin-l-bounces@... [mailto:brin-l-bounces@...] On
      Behalf Of Warren Ockrassa
      Sent: November 27, 2005 2:24 AM
      To: Killer Bs Discussion
      Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica renewed

      On Nov 22, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Kevin Street wrote:

      > William T Goodall quoted:
      >
      >> SCI FI Channel announced that it has renewed its original series
      >> Battlestar Galactica for a third season. Production on the 20-episode
      >> order is slated to begin in Vancouver, Canada, in February 2006 for
      >> premiere later in the year, the network said.
      >
      > This is great news, but it's kind of ironic too. The series is shot
      > here in
      > Canada, but we won't get to see the second season until January...

      I thought it was funny watching SI when "Boomer" was getting her ass
      kicked on the roof of some warehouse in Calgary or Toronto, wondering
      how the producers had managed to get just the right angle to make the
      city look like "Caprica". The other good one was an OTS shot that
      showed a radio tower with a huge W on top of it. W what?

      I love the new BSG. I really do. It has complex character development
      and a storyline that is mercifully bereft of the "reset button" at
      episode's end. But damn, would it be so hard to not have dumpsters in
      the background when shooting dialogue in some "alien" world's back
      alley?

      --
      Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
      <http://books.nightwares.com/>

      filmed in Vancouver BC. The "W" on that radio tower is a historical
      structure in Vancouver... not far from UBC campus if IIRC... and the
      building its on is part of a student housing and shop complex.....

      nick

    • Nick Lidster
      Message 40 of 40 , Nov 27, 2005