Re: Association with PNAC

  • Gary Denton
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2005
      I am not sure I view this as idealism. It seems more of an excuse to
      increase military spending and carry a big stick and a big chip on the
      shoulder - perhaps the ultimate pragmatists.

      Our aim is to remind Americans of these lessons and to draw their
      consequences for today. Here are four consequences:

      • we need to increase defense spending significantly if we are to
      carry out our global responsibilities today and modernize our armed
      forces for the future;

      • we need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge
      regimes hostile to our interests and values;

      • we need to promote the cause of political and economic freedom abroad;

      • we need to accept responsibility for America's unique role in
      preserving and extending an international order friendly to our
      security, our prosperity, and our principles.

      --
      Gary Denton
      http://www.apollocon.org June 23-25, 2006