Re: Beer For Geeks

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2005
      Mauro Diotallevi wrote:
      > On 10/31/05, Julia Thompson <julia@...> wrote:
      >
      > "Longhorn Beer" sounds like a brand I'd try at least once. (Then I'd
      >
      >>likely just go back to Shiner. Mmmmm. Shiner.)
      >

      > Would that be Shiner Bock, Breakfast of Champions? :-)
      > I was first introduced to Shiner by an old friend of mine and former active
      > brineller, Reggie Bautista. He introduced me to this list too, a long time
      > ago. I had only had Shiner at bars in Kansas and Missouri until last summer
      > when I was visiting a friend in Abilene, and I guess it must have been
      > fresher there. I liked it a lot in KS and MO, but I adored it in Abilene.
      > Mauro

      Shiner Bock is good. :)

      Shiner Blonde is nice, as well. I've tried their Winter Wheat, and it
      was nice.

      And then one week I declared that the only way I'd ever try a light beer
      would be if Shiner made one. 4 days later, guess what I saw on a
      billboard? :) (It's only available in Texas.) It's nice. Doesn't
      have the same sort of body that Bock has, but that's fine when it's
      hitting triple digits. (Need to lay in some Bock now that it's cooler....)

    • Reggie Bautista
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
        Mauro wrote:

        > Would that be Shiner Bock, Breakfast of Champions? :-)
        > I was first introduced to Shiner by an old friend of mine and former
        active
        > brineller, Reggie Bautista.

        I'm not active around here much anymore, but I still lurk some. It's good
        to see you jumping in from time to time, Mauro. Do you remember back at
        that temp job when we first met (has it really been ten years?), our manager
        told us that we could be twins, except that we didn't look anything alike?
        Since most of our opinions are pretty similar, and even our writing style
        (although I parenthesize a lot more than you), it would probably be
        redundant for *both* of us to be active on this list (or at least unfair to
        those who we disagree with :-)

        Actually, my life is stabilizing a bit after the rollercoaster ride of the
        past couple of years, so you may see me around here at least a little bit
        more.

        And Mauro, yes, I still have that copy of Breakfast of Champions I borrowed
        from you in 1997...

        Reggie
        Multiple Memories and Nested References Maru