Re: Beer For Geeks

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2005
      At 07:41 AM Tuesday 11/1/2005, Julia Thompson wrote:

      > Julia
      >
      >who could give Ronn! something else called a "Longhorn"

      You presumably realize how that sounds.

      > if chocolate is OK for Mormons....

      It better be, given the amount consumed . . .

      --Ronn! :)

      "Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country
      and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance... UNDER
      GOD. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer and that
      would be eliminated from schools too?"
      -- Red Skelton

    • Mauro Diotallevi
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2005
        On 10/31/05, Julia Thompson <julia@...> wrote:

        "Longhorn Beer" sounds like a brand I'd try at least once. (Then I'd
        > likely just go back to Shiner. Mmmmm. Shiner.)

        Would that be Shiner Bock, Breakfast of Champions? :-)
        I was first introduced to Shiner by an old friend of mine and former active
        brineller, Reggie Bautista. He introduced me to this list too, a long time
        ago. I had only had Shiner at bars in Kansas and Missouri until last summer
        when I was visiting a friend in Abilene, and I guess it must have been
        fresher there. I liked it a lot in KS and MO, but I adored it in Abilene.
        Mauro
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2005
          Mauro Diotallevi wrote:
          > On 10/31/05, Julia Thompson <julia@...> wrote:
          >
          > "Longhorn Beer" sounds like a brand I'd try at least once. (Then I'd
          >
          >>likely just go back to Shiner. Mmmmm. Shiner.)
          >

          > Would that be Shiner Bock, Breakfast of Champions? :-)
          > I was first introduced to Shiner by an old friend of mine and former active
          > brineller, Reggie Bautista. He introduced me to this list too, a long time
          > ago. I had only had Shiner at bars in Kansas and Missouri until last summer
          > when I was visiting a friend in Abilene, and I guess it must have been
          > fresher there. I liked it a lot in KS and MO, but I adored it in Abilene.
          > Mauro

          Shiner Bock is good. :)

          Shiner Blonde is nice, as well. I've tried their Winter Wheat, and it
          was nice.

          And then one week I declared that the only way I'd ever try a light beer
          would be if Shiner made one. 4 days later, guess what I saw on a
          billboard? :) (It's only available in Texas.) It's nice. Doesn't
          have the same sort of body that Bock has, but that's fine when it's
          hitting triple digits. (Need to lay in some Bock now that it's cooler....)

        • Reggie Bautista
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
            Mauro wrote:

            > Would that be Shiner Bock, Breakfast of Champions? :-)
            > I was first introduced to Shiner by an old friend of mine and former
            active
            > brineller, Reggie Bautista.

            I'm not active around here much anymore, but I still lurk some. It's good
            to see you jumping in from time to time, Mauro. Do you remember back at
            that temp job when we first met (has it really been ten years?), our manager
            told us that we could be twins, except that we didn't look anything alike?
            Since most of our opinions are pretty similar, and even our writing style
            (although I parenthesize a lot more than you), it would probably be
            redundant for *both* of us to be active on this list (or at least unfair to
            those who we disagree with :-)

            Actually, my life is stabilizing a bit after the rollercoaster ride of the
            past couple of years, so you may see me around here at least a little bit
            more.

            And Mauro, yes, I still have that copy of Breakfast of Champions I borrowed
            from you in 1997...

            Reggie
            Multiple Memories and Nested References Maru