Re: "The Doom That Came To N'Warlins - II" Meets "Gas Prices"

    Message 1 of 69 , Sep 1, 2005
      Dave Land wrote:
      > When threads collide...
      >
      > It occurred to me that the answer to the original question in the "Gas
      > Prices" thread was "looting," just being engaged in by corporations,
      > and not individuals.
      >
      > I think that whatever punishment is meted out to individuals caught
      > looting stores ought to be brought to bear upon corporations who engage
      > in looting in the form of hyper-inflated gas prices.

      If the gas companies post profits this quarter, there is going to be an
      awful lot of grumbling, and I'm hoping some legal action, as well.
      (They've posted great profits the past 2 quarters, is my understanding.)

    • Warren Ockrassa
      Message 69 of 69 , Sep 17, 2005
        On Sep 5, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Dan Minette wrote:

        > I'm surprised we haven't heard the Aaron Neville singing "Louisiana
        > 1927"
        > as background music on CNN during the coverage.

        Oddly enough this only surfaced in my awareness today. (I've been
        rather busy the last couple of weeks.)

        ==

        I would never normally go bowling
        On a friday morning in New Orleans
        But I like to come here to remember
        The kind of places you took me
        Like the time we stole a Datsun
        And drove all night to the everglades
        Until we crashed it in a big electric storm
        And stood there listening to the bayou rain

        The county sheriff had a hair - lip
        Louisiana's pride and joy
        He said politley as he cuffed me
        "I never busted an English boy ...
        But I will accept a contribution
        To the Opelousas' Charity Ball
        But you better drive this dirty Datsun
        Into the Gulf of Mexico"

        Under a Cajun moon I lay me open
        There is a spirit here that won't be broken
        Some words are sad to sing
        Some leave me tongue-tied
        But the hardest words I know
        Are I love you goodbye
        I love you goodbye

        ==

        From "I Love You Goodbye" by Thomas Dolby.

        --
        Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
        http://books.nightwares.com/