Re: FLCL and Paranoia Agent - G.I. Joe

  • The Fool
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 28, 2005
      > From: Steve Sloan <steve@...>

      > > G.I. Joe Sigma Six (coming)
      >
      > CGI, I presume, like the other recent GI Joe movies?

      My review: Mediocre. Painfully awful music (compared to the original
      G.I. Joe theme music it's just awful random noise). Character designs:
      Weak. Only Storm Shadow was good. No Cobra commander to reference.
      Missing in action: No Shipwreck, Flint, Lady Jay, etc. All cobra
      troops now seem to robots (BATS). Exposition: terrible. All
      Technobable all the time, and not the Good technobable. Voice acting:
      Weak. Destro, The Baroness and Storm Shadow were decent aproximations
      but the rest was just weak or awful. All vehicles are dogawful CGI
      crap. Plot: what Plot?

      The Fool Gives it a 3 out of 10.

      Hasbro blew it again.
    • Ritu
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 29, 2005
        http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20050901faessay84506/f-gregory-gause-iii/c
        an-democracy-stop-terrorism.html?mode=print

        Definitely worth a read.

        Apologies for the tiny mail but I need to get some rest.

        Ritu

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 30, 2005
          On 29 Aug 2005, at 6:56 pm, Ritu wrote:

          > http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20050901faessay84506/f-gregory-gause-
          > iii/c
          > an-democracy-stop-terrorism.html?mode=print
          >
          > Definitely worth a read.
          >
          > Apologies for the tiny mail but I need to get some rest.

          It's quite clear from the examples given in this article that
          eliminating the foul evil poison of religion would achieve far more
          towards eliminating terrorism than introducing democracy could.

          --
          William T Goodall
          Mail : wtg@...

          "The three chief virtues of a programmer are: Laziness, Impatience
          and Hubris" - Larry Wall

        • Ritu
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 30, 2005
            William T Goodall wrote:

            > It's quite clear from the examples given in this article that
            > eliminating the foul evil poison of religion would achieve far more
            > towards eliminating terrorism than introducing democracy could.

            *lol*

            And here I had spent months thinking that Bush&Co., with their invasion
            of Iraq, had hit upon the most counter-productive strategy for
            combatting terrorism...

            Ritu
            GSV Enlightened

          • Warren Ockrassa
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
              On Aug 29, 2005, at 10:56 AM, Ritu wrote:

              > http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20050901faessay84506/f-gregory-gause-
              > iii/c
              > an-democracy-stop-terrorism.html?mode=print
              >
              > Definitely worth a read.

              Here's another question.

              Can terrorism stop democracy?

              --
              Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
              http://books.nightwares.com/

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
                Warren Ockrassa wrote:

                > On Aug 29, 2005, at 10:56 AM, Ritu wrote:
                >
                > > http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20050901faessay84506/f-gregory-gause-
                > > iii/c
                > > an-democracy-stop-terrorism.html?mode=print
                > >
                > > Definitely worth a read.
                >
                > Here's another question.
                >
                > Can terrorism stop democracy?

                Depends upon a polity's commitment to democracy.

                Ritu

              • Leonard Matusik
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
                  Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:06:49 +0530 Ritu wrote:

                  >Warren Ockrassa wrote:

                  >> On Aug 29, 2005, at 10:56 AM, Ritu wrote:
                  >
                  >> > http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20050901faessay84506/f-gregory-gause-
                  > >> iii/c
                  > >> an-democracy-stop-terrorism.html?mode=print
                  > >>
                  > >> Definitely worth a read.
                  >
                  >> Here's another question.
                  >
                  >> Can terrorism stop democracy?

                  >Depends upon a polity's commitment to democracy.

                  >Ritu

                  So guys like Thomas Paine might have considered Islamic Terrorism a worthwhile test of democracy, I think.... Cool.

                  Leonard Matusik nanotreasures@...

                • Warren Ockrassa
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
                    On Sep 1, 2005, at 5:21 AM, Leonard Matusik wrote:

                    > So guys like Thomas Paine might have considered Islamic Terrorism a
                    > worthwhile test of democracy, I think.... Cool.

                    Yes. Yes.