Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: SCOUTED: War on Terror: RIP

Expand Messages
  • Dave Land
    ... No, and as someone on the Alternet discussion has noted, the acronym is Global SAVE. And it wasn t The War Against Terrorism was it? Better still is
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      On Aug 1, 2005, at 1:49 PM, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

      > At 03:44 PM Monday 8/1/2005, Dave Land wrote:
      >> George Lakoff, cognitive psychologist, linguist and leading light in
      >> the
      >> science of "framing" debates, notes a change in the language that the
      >> Bush administration is using to describe what it now terms the "global
      >> struggle against violent extremism."
      > And the new acronym doesn't set off p_rn filters, either . . .

      No, and as someone on the Alternet discussion has noted, the acronym is
      "Global SAVE." And it wasn't "The War Against Terrorism" was it?

      Better still is the fact that "struggle" translates into "jihad."

      Dave

      _______________________________________________
      http://www.mccmedia.com/mailman/listinfo/brin-l
    • Ritu
      ... I like the idea of a Global jihad against the international fasadis. :) Ritu _______________________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        Dave Land wrote:

        > >> George Lakoff, cognitive psychologist, linguist and
        > leading light in
        > >> the
        > >> science of "framing" debates, notes a change in the
        > language that the
        > >> Bush administration is using to describe what it now terms
        > the "global
        > >> struggle against violent extremism."
        > > And the new acronym doesn't set off p_rn filters, either . . .
        >
        > No, and as someone on the Alternet discussion has noted, the
        > acronym is
        > "Global SAVE." And it wasn't "The War Against Terrorism" was it?
        >
        > Better still is the fact that "struggle" translates into "jihad."

        I like the idea of a Global jihad against the international fasadis. :)

        Ritu

        _______________________________________________
        http://www.mccmedia.com/mailman/listinfo/brin-l
      • Gary Denton
        Of course, now the Prez is back to calling it the War against Terror. Doesn t matter, I expect to hear about troop withdrawals before the midterm elections,
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2005
        • 0 Attachment
          Of course, now the Prez is back to calling it the War against Terror.

          Doesn't matter, I expect to hear about troop withdrawals before the
          midterm elections, everything with Cheney&Co. is politics and Rove if
          not indicted will devote all policies toward supporting the GOP in
          Congress.

          --
          Gary Denton
          http://www.apollocon.org June 23-25, 2006

          Easter Lemming Blogs
          http://elemming.blogspot.com
          http://elemming2.blogspot.com
          _______________________________________________
          http://www.mccmedia.com/mailman/listinfo/brin-l
        • Dave Land
          ... That s a little surprising to me, because despite his linguistic disabilities, he seems to be pretty good message discipline. Maybe they decided not to
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2005
          • 0 Attachment
            On Aug 4, 2005, at 1:38 PM, Gary Denton wrote:

            > Of course, now the Prez is back to calling it the War against Terror.

            That's a little surprising to me, because despite his linguistic
            disabilities, he seems to be pretty good message discipline. Maybe
            they decided not to change the term, after all.

            We'll see.

            Dave

            _______________________________________________
            http://www.mccmedia.com/mailman/listinfo/brin-l
          • Warren Ockrassa
            ... They may have realized that the liberal media recognized what they were trying to do and called them on it, and for once decide NOT to try to pull a fast
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2005
            • 0 Attachment
              On Aug 4, 2005, at 1:52 PM, Dave Land wrote:

              > On Aug 4, 2005, at 1:38 PM, Gary Denton wrote:
              >
              >> Of course, now the Prez is back to calling it the War against Terror.
              >
              > That's a little surprising to me, because despite his linguistic
              > disabilities, he seems to be pretty good message discipline. Maybe
              > they decided not to change the term, after all.

              They may have realized that the "liberal" media recognized what they
              were trying to do and called them on it, and for once decide NOT to try
              to pull a fast one.

              (Holy shit, even I don't believe that.)


              --
              Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
              http://books.nightwares.com/
              Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror"
              http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf

              _______________________________________________
              http://www.mccmedia.com/mailman/listinfo/brin-l
            • Gary Denton
              The Daily Show had the perfect call out on Bush on that with reporting from Times Square that the War on Terror had been won. ... -- Gary Denton
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 2005
              • 0 Attachment
                The Daily Show had the perfect call out on Bush on that with reporting
                from Times Square that the "War on Terror" had been won.

                On 8/4/05, Warren Ockrassa <warren@...> wrote:
                > On Aug 4, 2005, at 1:52 PM, Dave Land wrote:
                >
                > > On Aug 4, 2005, at 1:38 PM, Gary Denton wrote:
                > >
                > >> Of course, now the Prez is back to calling it the War against Terror.
                > >
                > > That's a little surprising to me, because despite his linguistic
                > > disabilities, he seems to be pretty good message discipline. Maybe
                > > they decided not to change the term, after all.
                >
                > They may have realized that the "liberal" media recognized what they
                > were trying to do and called them on it, and for once decide NOT to try
                > to pull a fast one.
                >
                > (Holy shit, even I don't believe that.)


                --
                Gary Denton
                http://www.apollocon.org June 23-25, 2006

                Easter Lemming Blogs
                http://elemming.blogspot.com
                http://elemming2.blogspot.com
                _______________________________________________
                http://www.mccmedia.com/mailman/listinfo/brin-l
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.