Fw: [GSFP-ALL] Good Tip for all of us- ICE- In Case of Emergency

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      From: "Karen" <meredithkaren@...>
      To: GSFP-ALL@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 05:55:06 -0000
      Subject: [GSFP-ALL] Good Tip for all of us- ICE- In Case of Emergency

      A campaign encouraging people to enter an emergency contact number in
      their mobile phone's memory under the heading ICE (In Case of
      Emergency), has rapidly spread throughout the world as a particular
      consequence of last week's terrorist attacks in London. Originally
      established as a nation-wide campaign in the UK, ICE allows paramedics
      or police to be able to contact a designated relative / next-of-kin in
      an emergency situation.

      The idea is the brainchild of East Anglian Ambulance Service paramedic
      Bob Brotchie and was launched in May this year. Bob, 41, who has been
      a paramedic for 13 years, said: "I was reflecting on some of the calls
      I've attended at the roadside where I had to look through the mobile
      phone contacts struggling for information on a shocked or injured
      person. Almost everyone carries a mobile phone now, and with ICE we'd
      know immediately who to contact and what number to ring. The person
      may even know of their medical history."

      By adopting the ICE advice, your mobile will help the rescue services
      quickly contact a friend or relative - which could be vital in a life
      or death situation. It only takes a few seconds to do, and it could
      easily help save your life. Why not put ICE in your phone now? Simply
      select a new contact in your phone book, enter the word 'ICE' and the
      number of the person you wish to be contacted. For more than one Next
      of Kin ICE1, ICE2, ICE3.

      If you think this is a good idea please pass it on to everyone in your
      address book get your family and friends involved. It is Easy, Free,
      and could save your life, or at least let you family know whats going on.

      Quick tips:

      . Should always put the area code, just in case you're not in same
      area when a person needs to get your ICE number.

      href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hojjhnn/M=362329.6886306.7839369.3040540/D=groups/S=1705366680:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1122882913/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
      ">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Nick Arnett
      narnett@...
      Voicemail: 408-904-7198